Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Throttle Body Question

Ok i have a 97 v6 camaro...

i went to clean out my throttle body today and when i took off the intake assembly i saw a silver screen over my throttle body, my other camaro did not have this, just clear access to the throttle body...

...what is this thing? can it be removed for more airflow?

Anyway, just wondering b/c my 93 3.4 doesnt have that metal screen. For those of you with used cars, i suggest getting a can of throttle body cleaner and cleaning that thing out...you'll be surprised at what comes out.

That screen is the MAF (or mas air flow sensor). It measures the amount of air entering your engine. You can actually cut part of it away to get more power (ask Magnus about the right way to do this).

The 3.4's didn't have this sensor.
    <b>Sean: 1994 Camaro daily driver</b>

Comment

No need to cut it there is a ring you remove that is around it then it will fall out
      2001 SOM Camaro SS<p>Direct flo lid---Lakewood LCAs----Edelbrock Torque Arm-----Lous Short Stick---Dynomouth 3\" Exhaust---SLP Center Mount Exhaust---Poly tranny and torque arm mounts.<p>My site....http://community.webshots.com/album/49413018hRfdbP

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Liquid Silver:
        That screen is the MAF (or mas air flow sensor). It measures the amount of air entering your engine. You can actually cut part of it away to get more power (ask Magnus about the right way to do this). <hr></blockquote>

No, it is the MAF screen and removing it will impact the reading of the MAF sensor behind it in the throttle body. I recommend that you DO NOT remove the screen. See the discussion of this mod in the Technical Database, engine section.
        Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by FirebirdGT:

No, it is the MAF screen and removing it will impact the reading of the MAF sensor behind it in the throttle body. I recommend that you DO NOT remove the screen. See the discussion of this mod in the Technical Database, engine section.
          <hr></blockquote>

Remove the screen, lose performance - trust me.
          2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
          Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X