maf screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• maf screen

will it hurt to remove the maf screen and if not how do you do 98 3.8 4a firebird :D
    1998firebird<br />3.8<br />3:73/125nos shot/tyler wires/ngkplugs/whisperlid/free ram air

I did a post on these a few months back. From all the replies that I got, it's best to leave it in there. I was told by several people that it would hurt your performance instead of helping it. I also searched the web, and found the same comments. So for us V6'ers it's best to leave it in there. ;)

2000 V6 Camaro(bought brand new)
    5 speed
    Project: Unreal
    Will give details when fin.
    2000 V6 Camaro(bought brand new)
    5 speed
    Project: Unreal
    Several Mods..:naughty:plus Nitrous=WEEeee:banana:

2007 Suzuki GS500F :D

Daily driver
    2007 Chevy Aveo 5
    Mods K&N air filter:excited:
    www.guardiansworlds.com

Comment

125 shot of NOS?! Woah...

Anyway, about the MAF screen. Some people praise it, some people don't like it. It can potentially increase like +100cfm (for us LT1 guys) but some people say it makes their car run worse. I've done it in 3 of my buddies 3.8 cars, and they haven't felt a difference.
      Big cam. Big stall. Big nuts.<br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.streetlethal.net/vids2/joenastycam.MPG\" target=\"_blank\">Idle/Rev Clip.</a>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by blantonj79:
        will it hurt to remove the maf screen and if not how do you do 98 3.8 4a firebird :D <hr></blockquote>

Read the discussion in the Technical Database, engine section, before you do anything.

[ January 26, 2002: Message edited by: FirebirdGT ]</p>
        Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

I pulled mine and never had a problem.
          2002 \"35th Anniversary\" Camaro Z28<br />12.98@108.47<br />MEMBER STREET LETHAL F-BODY ASSOCIATION

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X