Borla

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Borla

a couple questions. one does borla sound good on a v6 3.8? and is there anywhere i can get the cat-back system from other than borla itself? i called them the other day and they said the whole package would run me 944.99. i don't really want to spend more than 600. please advice.
    ITS ALL STOCK - TRUST ME

Personally, I don't like the sound of Borla. It sounds great at low RPM's, but at high's, in my opinion it gets TOO loud and raspy and doesn't sound good.

As for prices, I doubt you'll find it anywhere for less then $600. $650 is the average price. Most any f-body parts webpage will sell it.
    Kyle M<br />--------------<br /><a href=\"http://grdws6.netfirms.com\" target=\"_blank\">2002 Trans Am WS6</a> (silver, A4) - lid, cutout, stage 3 shift kit, 12 bolt, vig 3200, tranny cooler, bmr sfc/stb, torq thrust ii. <b>12.688 @ 106.47mph -=- 1.756 60\'</b>

Comment

thanks. when, it gets up higher, does it sound ricey? which system would you suggest?
      ITS ALL STOCK - TRUST ME

Comment

I have the eniter Borla catback and I like it I like that fact that the tone is adjustable too you can get it cheap like i did......if you find someone who is sellin a used one lol I paid 400$ for mine used [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
        1997 Y-87 Camaro 3in Cat back Borla, Taylor 8mm wires,irridum plugs, SLP CAI, Hypertech thermo, B&M shift +, BMR strut brace, SLP ATM, ZEX dual bottle 75 dry shot with dual purge kit, 17in C5 vette rims, lowered i.5in Ebiach springs, transgo stage 3 shift kit, vette servo, 2800 converter, custom interior, and of course some stereo mods COMMING SOON: 1 le aluminum drive shaft port and polished heads with 3 angle valve job (in the mail) cam and all the goodies)

Comment

Definetly get the Borla adjustable catback system. Borla is the most unique and best sounding exhaust out there. Especially when you get headers, high flow cat, and bigger S pipe, you'll love it. They have the best tips too. The only thing you might want to check out is the GMMG exhaust. There's a post or two here that says it's the loudest and best exhaust around. One guy said he heard it on an LS1 and he nearly sh!t his pants or something like that. Scott Black or Scott something , I think is his name that has it, and he said he loves it. Check for the post. Here's the site http://www.gmmginc.net/
          It might be a little more than what you want to spend but my phylosophy is to do it right the first time and if you're going to do something than do it the best way possible. Don't settle for anything less than the best.
          1 of a kind<p>Red 97 Camaro<p>Modifications: <br />SLP CAI, RK Sport Headers, Car Sound High Flow Cat, 3\" piping<br />3\" Steel driveshaft, SFC\'s, Panhard Rod, MAC Torque Arm<br />Manual Fan Switch<p>Best E/T:<p>60\' 2.152<br />330 6.271<br />1/8th 9.704<br />MPH 71.93

Comment

I think the GMMG exhaust would be a little to loud for our cars. Also, I think they might sound a little bit annoying. Its made for an LS1, is it not? Does anyone know what it sounds like on a 6? I wouldn't mind getting the system if it sounded good. Please Advice.
            ITS ALL STOCK - TRUST ME

Comment

Well, I'm sure the GMMG would sound good on a V6 as well... I know it's without a doubt the best exhaust for an LS1 out there. Besides GMMG though, I think the best exhaust would be B&B Tri-Flow's over Borla... just my two cents though.
              Kyle M<br />--------------<br /><a href=\"http://grdws6.netfirms.com\" target=\"_blank\">2002 Trans Am WS6</a> (silver, A4) - lid, cutout, stage 3 shift kit, 12 bolt, vig 3200, tranny cooler, bmr sfc/stb, torq thrust ii. <b>12.688 @ 106.47mph -=- 1.756 60\'</b>

Comment

here's what I can tell you...GMMC Chambered sound amazing on a V8...don't know about the V6.

Borla on the V6. I mistakened someone's V6 Firebird for a V8 with Borla on it. It's idle is as loud as idle for some 8s. I thought it was amazing. GO FOR BORLA.

Comment

I like the B&B no doubt about it. But Borla is good too. Only difference being the borla is adjustable and louder than the b&b. Sleeper I would recomend waiting for a group purchase, www.tbyrnemotorsports.com periodically offers group purchases on both systems, & usually knocks off $100. You also might want to check-out www.lmperformance.com he is a supporter of this site & sells the b&b.
                  <a href=\"http://groups.msn.com/WhoisNightRider/bluethunder.msnw\" target=\"_blank\">2002 Electron Blue Corvette Coupe</a><br /><i>13.083@108.23</i><br /><br /><a href=\"http://groups.msn.com/WhoisNightRider/redfire.msnw\" target=\"_blank\">2002 Metallic Red Grandprix GTP</a> <b>SOLD</b><br /><i>14.49@94.42 (Bone stock)</i><br /><br />2002 Black Convertible Camaro Z28<br /><i>times comming real soon!</i>

Comment

The reason I said GMMG is because of this post.
                    http://www.camarov6.com/ubb/ultimate...&f=25&t=000662

I'd like to compare it to Borla though. As for B&B, it's too quiet. If you don't go for the GMMG chambered get the Borla, you'll be very happy with it.
                    1 of a kind<p>Red 97 Camaro<p>Modifications: <br />SLP CAI, RK Sport Headers, Car Sound High Flow Cat, 3\" piping<br />3\" Steel driveshaft, SFC\'s, Panhard Rod, MAC Torque Arm<br />Manual Fan Switch<p>Best E/T:<p>60\' 2.152<br />330 6.271<br />1/8th 9.704<br />MPH 71.93

Comment

I got the Borla Catback system for my car and love it. Ive been running with the full open plate ever since i bought it. The IDLE of the car sounds great, i can honestly say it sounds like a v8 with the open plate. Doesnt sound like a v8 so much during acceleration but it still sounds good. NO exhaust will ever make a 6 sound like an 8, it just can't happen. but the borla makes a good sound for the 6, and i think the tips are the best looking of all the exhaust systems available. Im very happy with my Borla. I think i found it for $604 at ThunderRacing.com. its advertised for 624 with free shipping but if you order it off the internet you get a 20 discount (604). Good luck finding a system.
                      Black 1998 Pontiac Firebird M5:<br />Borla Cat Back Exhaust, K&N Air Filter, SLP cold air induction, Hurst Competition Plus Shifter, Lou\'s Short Stick, Mallory , S 17\" Z06 wheels, 3.42 gears, Auburn Posi

Comment

Scott Black bought the gmmp chambered exhaust for his six. He says that he loves it, but you'll have to ask him for sure. He also says the spintech sounds good too, I'll tell you in about a week what I think of the spintech.
                        1995 Firebird 3.8 A4, 140,000 miles and going strong<br />Basically Stock, college=poor <p>Junior Mechanical Engineering Student: Milwaukee School of Engineering; Cpl, MN Army National Guard...just got promoted :)

Comment

i would definitly say get the borla. i have had mine for a while now and i wouldnt trade it for anything. i got mine from www.thunderracing.com
                          <b>2000 Firebird </b><br /><i>old setup </i>- Automatic Whisper lid, Borla catback, shift kit w/ V8 servo, 3.42 gears w/ LSD, PI 3000 converter, <br /><br /><i>14.703@90.92, 2.01 60\' </i>(intake and exhaust)<br /><br /><i> new setup </i> swapped over to LS1 413.9rwhp/398.7rwtq<br /><a href=\"http://www.thunderracing.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.thunderracing.com</a>

Comment

i might be low but it does not sound like a v8 i dont care what anyone says
                            2001 SOM Camaro SS<p>Direct flo lid---Lakewood LCAs----Edelbrock Torque Arm-----Lous Short Stick---Dynomouth 3\" Exhaust---SLP Center Mount Exhaust---Poly tranny and torque arm mounts.<p>My site....http://community.webshots.com/album/49413018hRfdbP

Comment

The adjustable Borla sounds good when you're sitting at a light, but when you take off and rev it above 2000, it sounds like sh!t. Especially with the open plate. It might sound better with the closed plate though...I haven't heard it like that.
                              99 White 5-speed camaro 3.8<br />K&N airbox+filter, RK sport ram air, NX Wet system 75hp shot Falken tires, red big attitude stripes, red cardon rear letters and front emblem

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X