new guy w/question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new guy w/question

First i have to say this is a great site. i'm new to the whole GM scene.....used to be a ford guy, but i recently picked up a 94 firebird v6 5 speed,and it's a great car.

Anyway my question is: I installed the Borla rear section exhaust on my car last week and now it idles real high...like 1500rpm, used to be steady at 700. Has this happened to anybody else?
    What can i do to correct it?
    Any help would be appreciated.
    <b>94 Firebird, 3.4 V6, Red, M5</b><br /> SLP CAI, Accel 8mm Superstock Wires, Bosch Platinum +4 Plugs, Borla Exhaust, BMR Strut Tower Brace, 180* Thermostat, B&M Ripper Shifter<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/94bird\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/94bird</a>

Welcome to the good side. :cool: [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
    1 of a kind<p>Red 97 Camaro<p>Modifications: <br />SLP CAI, RK Sport Headers, Car Sound High Flow Cat, 3\" piping<br />3\" Steel driveshaft, SFC\'s, Panhard Rod, MAC Torque Arm<br />Manual Fan Switch<p>Best E/T:<p>60\' 2.152<br />330 6.271<br />1/8th 9.704<br />MPH 71.93

Comment

Try resetting the computer. Either disconnect the negative battery cable or remove the ECM\PCM BAT fuse for about 15 seconds.

·George·

Comment

Yeah...what he said---and you can do like I did and get a Jet stage II Module. It sets your idle at 700-800 rpm's and also adjusts your fuel/air mixture. I noticed a definate increase in power with it after I did some with/without testing. Its a great mod if you have a CAI and even better if you have exhaust. I recommend you do liek I am doing and find someones old 2.75 inch I pipe. I am buying one from an LS-1 guy for $10. I am also getting ahigh flow cat...This will make your borla rear section sound much better and also make yourexhaust mods add power. Thats just my two cents.
        1993 3.4 <br />Borla rear section<br />3 inch Catco High Flow Cat<br />2.75 inch I pipe (Picked one up from an LT-1 guy for a whole $10)<br />K&N Fipk <br />180° T-stat<br />Jet Stage II<br />10 Spoke Z28 Wheels<br />NGK\'s, Taylor Spiros<br />Mobil 1 synthetic<p>Email Viper2@chesnet.net for 4th gen replacement parts.

Comment

and where do i get jet stage II??? or is it a custom mod??
          2005 Chevrolet Corvette C6 <br />M6, Magnaflow\'s 14336<br /><a href=\"http://community.webshots.com/user/v6purplebird\" target=\"_blank\">C6 Pics</a><br /><br />Old car:<br />1996 Firebird A4<br />SLP Cold Air Intake<br />Magnaflow Catback Exhaust<br />Magnaflow Catalytic Converter<br /><br />George Mason University<br />CEIE Major<br />Pi Kappa Alpha<br /><br /><a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/nsolano\" target=\"_blank\">Firebird Pics </a>

Comment

Alright I'm tired of not knowing where the I pipe that everyone talks about goes. I am a car guy and I know my exhaust has no I pipe. is this a custom set up between the y pipe or what. I feel stupid when I have to ask questions but thats the only way to find out.
            1995 Pontiac Firebird 3.4L <br />TA front bumper, TA rear bumper, 98-02 Honeycomb tailights, GM Ram Air hood, 2k C5 18X9.5 Corvette rims all the way around, custom autoloc shaved handles, camaro two tone interior, silver badging, clear front marker lenses, RK sport headers, gutted cat, dynomax dual exhaust, Rear disc rearend, Richmond 3.73 gears, Zexel torsen LSD, Cross drilled front rotors, 2 12\" MTX thunder 8000s, Clarion 400W amp, MTX 5 1/4 <br />Components, thunder 4262 amp, pioneer head unit, Hypertech power programmer (Yes it does exist)

Comment

"I" means intermidiate pipe, from the cat back to the muffler. That's the "I" pipe. Mine is 3 inches.
              1 of a kind<p>Red 97 Camaro<p>Modifications: <br />SLP CAI, RK Sport Headers, Car Sound High Flow Cat, 3\" piping<br />3\" Steel driveshaft, SFC\'s, Panhard Rod, MAC Torque Arm<br />Manual Fan Switch<p>Best E/T:<p>60\' 2.152<br />330 6.271<br />1/8th 9.704<br />MPH 71.93

Comment

yours is 3 inches??? You have 3" between the muffler and cat? do you have the muffler mounted under the passenger seat or what?

Andy
                Andy Adamez<br />--------------------<br />3.8L 97 V6<br />Hurst Shifter w/ Home Made Handle, Hypertech 160 Thermo, Ported MAF, 5 Point Harness for Pass & Driver, Painted Valve Covers, Nitrous Express Wet EFI Kit

Comment

I think he means the pipe is three inches in diameter. :rolleyes:
                  Maroon 1995 Camaro<br />No mods yet...<br />Lucky to have found this site!

Comment

That was pretty funny though Andy.
                    1997 Chevrolet Camaro v6 - 13.8@104MPH
                    1997 Dodge Viper GTS

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originaly posted by Andy:
                      yours is 3 inches??? You have 3" between the muffler and cat? do you have the muffler mounted under the passenger seat or what? <hr></blockquote>

Damn son, thanks for making me laugh today.

Comment

ItalianStalion, Monrovia huh? I've got a good friend and his girlfriend that lives there. My wife and I used to go see them all time when I was stationed at Edwards. They were kind of across the street from the Apple Bees. Small world

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X