How good will z28 Exhaust sound on a 6? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How good will z28 Exhaust sound on a 6?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How good will z28 Exhaust sound on a 6?

Sorry, I'm not hip with it, I got a 97 Camaro the other day and wanna start modding. So, anyone have a Z setup on their 6? How hard was it to install? How does it sound? How about performance. Thanks for any and all info. [img]smile.gif[/img]

It will sound slightly louder than stock... you'll hear the engine idling w/ a little bit more presence than the stock exhaust.

Performance wise... what generation Z28 will you be getting this exhaust from?

The Z28 exhaust IS a step up from stock, but it's not taking the full leap into the performance exhaust territory. Which is why it's common to see say a 1997 Z28 with a Borla or Flowmaster setup.

It all depends on what you want for your car though. Is a stock Z28 exhaust an UPGRADE? Yes it is. Is it a performance upgrade? Well... technically... Yes (compared to stock it flows better and you'd get some extra horsepower because of that) BUT if you want to unleash the full potential, your best bet is an aftermarket one which includes the muffler too. Like I said, it's all about how far modding you want to go. Good Luck in whatever you get.
    <b>Sean: 1994 Camaro daily driver</b>

Comment

I recently purchased the stock exhaust off a 35th 02 SS. It came with the 3" I pipe and muffler and dual 2 1/2" Tips. It really improved the way the 3.4L sounds. It has a very nice rumble to it at idle and sounds very deep at WOT for a 6 cylinder not ricey or raspy above 3k Rpms at all. I also could tell a slight more power in the mid Rpm's. Did I mention it looks great too!
      95 3.4L A4 Camaro<br />02 SS Catback, K@N Filter, More to Come!

Comment

Hey Ryan Lieving, where did u purchase ur exhaust from, and for how much. That sounds like a good idea.. got me thinking.. :D
        Thnx~
        -Chris
        95 White Camaro<br />3.4L, T-Tops<br />80 series Flowmaster w/ 3Nhalf tips<br />To Be Continue...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X