Air Sensor Connection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Sensor Connection

I just got a cai and im trying to make an elbow for it, but i was wondering, what exactly whould i have to do to the elbow to connect the Air sensor? On the original setup there is something for it to plug into... what exactly should i do with my new rubber elbow?

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
    Visit My F-Body Page

Sounds like you need to drill a hole in the elbow.
    2002 \"35th Anniversary\" Camaro Z28<br />12.98@108.47<br />MEMBER STREET LETHAL F-BODY ASSOCIATION

Comment

yep, i know, but what about that piece you plug into on the stock intake- can this be purchased somewhere so that i can put it in the elbow? Anyone know?

Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

i'm pretty sure you can find a rubber grommet somewhere. or make one.
        ASE Master, L1, X1, C1. Instructor in automotive systems. 99 3800 4L60E with a few mods and a greatful dead sticker on the back window.

Comment

I looked at the sensor in my old intake, and theres some sort of wireing... like two little prongs... in the harness that the sensor pluged into. So you couldnt just make a hole and stick it in because it wouldnt be plugging into those prongs- and they must do something right? I dunno much about this subject...

Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

Just drill a hole for the sensor. I have the SLP CAI and it came with an elbow, but i didn't like the location for the sensor cause it required doing some strecthing of the wire. I plugged the old hole and drilled a new one and it fits nicely, and the wire isn't stretched one bit. No one can tell i drilled the hole either.

Good luck.
            <b>Matt</b><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=377225&page=1\" target=\"_blank\">\'96 Camaro Z28 M6</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=377225&page=3\" target=\"_blank\">\'96 Camaro M5</a>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Loochy88:
              I looked at the sensor in my old intake, and theres some sort of wireing... like two little prongs... in the harness that the sensor pluged into. So you couldnt just make a hole and stick it in because it wouldnt be plugging into those prongs- and they must do something right? I dunno much about this subject... <hr></blockquote>

you pull the whole sensor, terminal connectors and all, out of your existing induction system. unplug it, grip as much of the wiring connector as you can, and twist and rock back and forth until it comes out. then transfer to your new elbow.
              ASE Master, L1, X1, C1. Instructor in automotive systems. 99 3800 4L60E with a few mods and a greatful dead sticker on the back window.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by strange_trp:

you pull the whole sensor, terminal connectors and all, out of your existing induction system. unplug it, grip as much of the wiring connector as you can, and twist and rock back and forth until it comes out. then transfer to your new elbow.
                <hr></blockquote>

You've done this on the 96? Does it really just pull out? Thats things in there TIGHT! ohh well... i guess ill try.

Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

yep, this thing definitely wont pull out... is there anywhere you can buy one? i dont want to have to cut it out.

Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

Get pliers and grip the rubber gromet (NOT THE SENSOR) and PULL. It is definately in there TIGHT, but it WILL come out.
                    <b>Matt</b><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=377225&page=1\" target=\"_blank\">\'96 Camaro Z28 M6</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=377225&page=3\" target=\"_blank\">\'96 Camaro M5</a>

Comment

ok, ill try it again...

Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

I had a hard time getting it out too, so I cut the top of the rubber grommet and pushed the sensor in. When you cut the hole in the elbow, cut it small so it will fit tite when you push it back in the new elbow. If it is too loose, you can also RTV it, but should not have to if you do not cut the hole too large.
                        97 Silver Bird<br />3.8 M5 Bone Stock Engine<br />15.528 @ 88.96 bone stock<br /><a href=\"http://www.fbodyenhancements.com/\" target=\"_blank\">www.fbodyenhancements.com/</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X