00+ Manifold Swap to a 96

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 00+ Manifold Swap to a 96

Has anyone on the board swaped the 00+ manifolds to thier 96 or 97 3.8L. I am thinking of doing it. I want to know how it went and if it is woth it or not I have heard good things so far. Let me know please!
    96\' Camaro Coupe w/3800V6-A4<br />Flowmaster exhaust w/4\" tips<br />K&N FIPK 20% Tint<br />Eibach pro kit 1.5 drop spings<br />KYB shocks 17\" 077 rims w/ Yokohma AVS Sports<br />Transgo Shift kit w/ corvette Servo<br />All White gauge interior

I am planning on doing it. But I am not aware of anyone who has done it yet. The y-pipe, egr, and everything should fit.

But I also am planning on having them ported and I want to try to polish the outside of them. I've seen ls1 manifolds that have been polished, so I know it can be done.
    Keith - 99 'maro - White M5 - bumpstick and boltons - 13.65 @ 101 N/A
    "I ain't too big to listen to the rumors, I'm just too @#$% big to pay attention to them" - Dr. Dre
    http://seppo.hopto.org/

Comment

how would you go about porting manifolds and is the worth it.
      97 CAMARO RS<br />12.9@103mph<br />best 60ft..1.9 ( on street tires)<br /> 1.7 (on gas)<br />turbo supra 12.5@119mph (street tires)<br />new times to come sporting the sp63gt

Comment

Mike, I would imagine porting the exhaust manifolds would be much like porting a set of heads, just not sure exactly what's done & where (I think that's what you're asking). Turbo 3.8 folks (GN's, Turbo Regals, GNX's, etc.) often times port their stock exhaust manifolds btw.
        2001 Onyx Black Camaro M5-Totalled<br />2005 Ford F150 XLT 5.4L<br /><br />\"To make peace, prepare for war.\"

Comment

I guestimate the 00+ manifolds are worth maybe 2rwhp and .05 in the 1/4.

It's a PITA to swap manifolds. I just can't see it being worth it. If your going to swap manifolds, I'd put a real header on.. but they are expensive.

My .02
          Keith - Chicago<br /><a href=\"http://www.hptuners.com\" target=\"_blank\">HP Tuners - PCM Reprogramming</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.dxsoftware.com/magnus/\" target=\"_blank\">97 Firebird V6 to LS1 swap</a><br /><b>V8 9.967@132.78</b> 1.322 60\' NA Heads/Cam<br /><b>V8 10.295@128.48</b> 1.363 60\' NA Cam Only<br /><b>V8 10.987@119.31</b> 1.422 60\' NA Stock Internals<br /><b>V6 13.674@98.22</b> NA<br /><b>V6 12.394@104.91</b> N20 100HP

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Magnus:
            I guestimate the 00+ manifolds are worth maybe 2rwhp and .05 in the 1/4.

It's a PITA to swap manifolds. I just can't see it being worth it. If your going to swap manifolds, I'd put a real header on.. but they are expensive.

My .02
            <hr></blockquote>

I agree - I just dont see how the 00+ manifolds are somehow better in flowing exhaust. Tubular they might be but they are manifolds and they are constrictive.
            2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
            Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

Might just wait for the pacesetter headers if they ever come out
              96\' Camaro Coupe w/3800V6-A4<br />Flowmaster exhaust w/4\" tips<br />K&N FIPK 20% Tint<br />Eibach pro kit 1.5 drop spings<br />KYB shocks 17\" 077 rims w/ Yokohma AVS Sports<br />Transgo Shift kit w/ corvette Servo<br />All White gauge interior

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X