s and i pipe's ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• s and i pipe's ??

i want to go 3" from my cat converter all the way back to my muffler, is this a good idea, what do i need to do this, in other words what and where is my s and i pipes?
    99 Firebird Vert, Pewter Metalic<br />Fast Toys Ram Air<br />Jet Stage 2 Chip<br />17x8 Mille Miglia Emotion II Plus\'<br />wrapped in 245/35/17 Yokohama A520<br />Rhino Perf. Exhaust<br />K&N air filter<br />check pics at:<br /><a href=\"http://www.fastrides.com/members/v6birdy/\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.fastrides.com/members/v6birdy/</a>

yeah i wanna do the same thing. anyone do this yet? ad/dis vantages
    <b>*§*Julian*§*</b><br />*~*~*~<br />2000 Grand Prix GTP -Daytona 500 Edition (only 2000 made) - Supercharged 3.8L V6<br /><br />1998 3.8L V6 A4 Firebird w/ W68 package, Y87, T-TOPS!<br /><br /><a href=\"http://myweb.usf.edu/~jadidona/index.html\" target=\"_blank\">MY SITE - CHECK IT!</a>

Comment

S-pipe is the little pipe just past the cat, that is shaped like ("gasp") an S. the I-pipe, is the section just south of the s-pipe, and goes all the way to the muffler. Advantage is you get good breathing in the high end, especially if you have a poweradder or a cam. Disadvantage is w/ the 3" s-pipe and no cat (like my case) you lose some mid-range tq
      GM 3800 PowerPak guinea pig<p>\"what cam, that\'s just a nasty mis-fire...\"

Comment

well would 2.5" or 2.75" be better than a 3" for overall performance.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 99Camaro99:
          well would 2.5" or 2.75" be better than a 3" for overall performance.<hr></blockquote>

Right now i'm personally happy w/ a 2.5" mandrel bent i-pipe, but i'll eventually be getting some "NAWS" [img]tongue.gif[/img] so i will change my cat & probably i-pipe too. If your not sure how far you'll go w/ modds, then a 2.75" is probably your best bet. Although alot n/a guys here are already running a 3" all the way through, so it's really a matter of opinion. But anything will be better than that skinny 2.25" i-pipe from the factory. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] Just try one size & see how you like it.
          <a href=\"http://groups.msn.com/WhoisNightRider/bluethunder.msnw\" target=\"_blank\">2002 Electron Blue Corvette Coupe</a><br /><i>13.083@108.23</i><br /><br /><a href=\"http://groups.msn.com/WhoisNightRider/redfire.msnw\" target=\"_blank\">2002 Metallic Red Grandprix GTP</a> <b>SOLD</b><br /><i>14.49@94.42 (Bone stock)</i><br /><br />2002 Black Convertible Camaro Z28<br /><i>times comming real soon!</i>

Comment

well right now it's N/A and I MIGHT be going with an 85dry shot. My friend Rich D told me are you definately going with N2O and I said not sure. SO he said to 2.5" unless you're definately going to go with N2o, then do 3" piping

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 99Camaro99:
              well right now it's N/A and I MIGHT be going with an 85dry shot. My friend Rich D told me are you definately going with N2O and I said not sure. SO he said to 2.5" unless you're definately going to go with N2o, then do 3" piping<hr></blockquote>

Awe, Rich doesn't know what he's talking about

[img]tongue.gif[/img] (j/k). Honestly, you've got a good connection w/ Rich. He was one of our fastest guys. Tell Rich that Royce says hi
              GM 3800 PowerPak guinea pig<p>\"what cam, that\'s just a nasty mis-fire...\"

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by RiceCooker:

Awe, Rich doesn't know what he's talking about

[img]tongue.gif[/img] (j/k). Honestly, you've got a good connection w/ Rich. He was one of our fastest guys. Tell Rich that Royce says hi
                <hr></blockquote>

ok cool thanks. I'll tell him you said Hi. I only ask because everyone here WANTS or IS running 3" piping and Rich says don't unless your spraying. Hell even Magnus and 12secv6 I don't think are doing 3" piping so this all makes me wonder

Comment

fyi james is running 3" after the cat all the way back his cat is a hi flow 2.5"

Comment

rk sport headers
                    2.5 inch y pipe
                    2.5 in and out cat
                    2.5 s pipe
                    3 inch starts just after the s pipe
                    Stick with 2.5
                    It has worked quite well for me
                    Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
                    nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
                    2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
                    2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 12secondv6:
                      rk sport headers
                      2.5 inch y pipe
                      2.5 in and out cat
                      2.5 s pipe
                      3 inch starts just after the s pipe
                      Stick with 2.5
                      It has worked quite well for me
                      <hr></blockquote>

so you think I should just do 2.5" piping all the way through...minus the cat...that's staying the same for now

Comment

i myself would go 3" all the way back. i had a conversation with james about it. if anything, the least i'd do is 2.75" cat and s pipe, if that's available, into 3" cat back. the high flow cat is going to keep some of the low end grunt that the !cat guys have lost. your air induction will also help with the 'loss' of low end.

all it really does is move the torque up in the powerband, you don't really LOSE torque. this allows for higher rpm launch at the track, and a lot more in the top end.
                        2011 Camaro LS 6M, in black.

Comment

how much would you say it would cost then for a "hi-flow cat" and 3" piping for a full catback. Plus would I have to change my dynomax muffler? I was never told how big the opening was on the in/out because it was put on while I was on vacation :( Parents thought they did me a favor but in reality they've got me questioning what's really underneath my car

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X