How to avoid KR with header install? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to avoid KR with header install?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to avoid KR with header install?

I'll be doing this within the next two weeks, and need to know how to avoid getting knock retard. My plugs/wires have about 9k miles on them. Should i change them out already??? What would be the best, the NGK 6's and Taylor wires?

Thanks for all help.

Scott

:edit: These are the RKSport headers.
    No i didn't pay 500 for them, muahahaha!

[ January 24, 2002: Message edited by: Scott Black ]</p>

??????????????????????????

Comment

Can ANYONE help me out here?

Comment

Why do you believe that you will be getting KR by adding headers? The computer determines the KR to eliminate pre-ignition. Who said that the headers would change the KR?

[ January 27, 2002: Message edited by: FirebirdGT ]</p>
        Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

I know... I was confused why he would think that too! KR has nothing to do with headers.

Comment

Well it was because whoever had their CIA headers dynoed and had a whole bunch of it, but i didn't really read why it happened except something about he used cheap plugs or something. So it made him lose a bunch of power. That's why. :D

So they have nothing to do with each other huh? Well don't i look like an *** ! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Scott

Comment

That was Deuce Bigs, his problem wasn't due to the headers.
              2001 Onyx Black Camaro M5-Totalled<br />2005 Ford F150 XLT 5.4L<br /><br />\"To make peace, prepare for war.\"

Comment

The only reason for getting KR on a mod like that is if your headers were vibrating against something, causing the Knock sensors to think it is knock. Othere than that, headers should REDUCE knock.

DEE
                1997 GTP(13.3@104)-Sold<br />1999 Trans Am M6

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by DEE97GTP:
                  The only reason for getting KR on a mod like that is if your headers were vibrating against something, causing the Knock sensors to think it is knock. Othere than that, headers should REDUCE knock.

DEE
                  <hr></blockquote>

And that is partly because they usually cause the car to run a bit more rich. Use headers and full exhaust in conjunction with the MAFT+, and you'll see even more power, theoretically, by leaning to mixture out just a bit...

R

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X