Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IAT Timing Mod

http://www.installuniversity.com/ins...ricker_mod.htm

I'm not sure where this topic goes. But I think its here because it has to do with timing.
    But has anyone done this mod before?? Does it have good improvements? What are the pros and cons? Will I need to use better gas?
    Whisper Lid, SLP CAI, KN Filter, 3\" HiFlo Carsound Cat, full 3\" mandrel-bent piping, Flowmaster 80s, Casper O2 Sim, BM Tranny Cooler, Vigilante 3300 Torque Converter, Corvette Servo, 3.42 gears, SLP take-off LSD, Manual Fan Switch, & 160 Thermostat.

I don't know but I plan on testing this mod out at the track this Saturday. I have yet to find concrete evidence on whether this mod is worthwhile.
    2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
    Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

This "mod" only does anything at startup and at WOT. Once the engine warms up the HO2 sensors control. The ambient air must also be above the "set" temperature of the resister, this "mod" will negatively impact you when it is cold outside.

Do a SEARCH, there is a lot more said about this "mod". Personally, I believe it to be a waste of time and money.

[ June 25, 2002: Message edited by: FirebirdGT ]</p>
      Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by FirebirdGT:
        This "mod" only does anything at startup and at WOT. Once the engine warms up the HO2 sensors control. The ambient air must also be above the "set" temperature of the resister, this "mod" will negatively impact you when it is cold outside.

Do a SEARCH, there is a lot more said about this "mod". Personally, I believe it to be a waste of time and money.

[ June 25, 2002: Message edited by: FirebirdGT ]
        <hr></blockquote>

But WOT is when we want the advanced timing, and if you buy a 8100K resistor it'll advance the timing far enough. For $0.99, its worth my trouble as a dragstrip only mod. However, the $25 RKSport/SLP charges is ridiculous!
        2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
        Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

well, i just tried it, imho, it made my car have a slower response, and even made it feel slower...

Comment

arent you suppose to use a 4.7k resistor? Thats what the site said to use right?
            Whisper Lid, SLP CAI, KN Filter, 3\" HiFlo Carsound Cat, full 3\" mandrel-bent piping, Flowmaster 80s, Casper O2 Sim, BM Tranny Cooler, Vigilante 3300 Torque Converter, Corvette Servo, 3.42 gears, SLP take-off LSD, Manual Fan Switch, & 160 Thermostat.

Comment

i'm gonna try it at the track and autotap it, the 4.1 k ohm resistor is supposed to trick it to like a 57* temp...
              so we'll see
              2011 Camaro LS 6M, in black.

Comment

Hey Guys.....I've done a search on this mod and I've seen people say to use a 4.7k or a 8.1k resistor. Based on everyone's experiences, which is the better resistor to use? I'm about to head over to radio shack now and pick up the resistor. Which one should I get?

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Dominic:

But WOT is when we want the advanced timing, and if you buy a 8100K resistor it'll advance the timing far enough. For $0.99, its worth my trouble as a dragstrip only mod. However, the $25 RKSport/SLP charges is ridiculous!
                  <hr></blockquote>

I agree as a drag strip ONLY mod, and if you want to put it in and take it out again for daily driving that's your decision. It is NOT a street mod.

[ June 25, 2002: Message edited by: FirebirdGT ]</p>
                  Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X