LS1 MAF again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LS1 MAF again...

Okay, I've done some research, and here's what I've found so far (the accuracy of this info isn't verified, but it's all I've got so far. If anybody knows better info, please let me know): Our MAF will read flow rates of 3 grams per minute to 300 grams per minute, and transmits the flow rates by means of a corresponding 2KHz to 10KHz signal to the PCM.
    As far as I can tell, the LS1 MAF also uses a frequency to transmit the flow rates to the PCM. The questions, though, are whether the frequency is also 2KHz to 10KHz, and what the max flow rate of the LS1 MAF is.
    If the frequency range is the same, but the flow rates are different, then would it be possible to write the frequency/flow rate tables from an LS1 PCM into a L36 PCM, and have it work? Anybody have any ideas?
    Wife and a dog, they both think they\'re Kujo.<br /> <br />1999 3.8 A4 Y87<br />Navy Blue Metallic<br />BFG G-Force KDWS 275/40/17s, <br />WS6 Wheels (17x9)<br />Phoenix Transmissions 2400 Stall Converter<br />FRA, Holley Powershot filter, Whisper Lid, Ported Throttlebody<br />2000 manifolds, Flowmaster, WS6 Tail Pipes, <br />MSD 8.5mm Wires, MSD Coils, Autolite plugs<br />Performance Cryogenics treated rotors<br />1LE Sway Bars and panhard rod, 1LE front springs w/SLP Bilsteins, stock rear springs w/ 3rd Gen Bilsteins, BMR STB, KBDD SFCs, 1LE rear lower control arms, 1LE front lower control arms<p>1968 Chevelle Malibu 327 TH350

The LS1 uses frequency as well, it actually plugs right in. However, it is calibrated differently. It is leaner. I think they both have about the same limits as far as frequncy, but the LS1 will flow alot more air before it is maxed out.

There is already a GTP running a LS1 TB and maf, with reprogrammed tables for the LS1 maf. It was a custom job through Digital Horsepower. I think they through in the LS1 tables and tweaked on them from there.

I am not sure if the MAFT would have enough adjustability to compensate. I am thinking it doesn't. But ZZP is coming out with a MAFT that can compensate up to 255% in 1% increments.

The best solution would be a PCM program.

DEE
    1997 GTP(13.3@104)-Sold<br />1999 Trans Am M6

Comment

Yeah, I found a site (maybe the same one as you) where they're building a souped-up L67, and they're using an LS1 MAF for it. I e-mailed their tech guy, and he told me that it requires reprogramming the PCM. I asked him how much programming is necessary, i.e., would it be worth it, and I'm waiting to hear back from him.
      Wife and a dog, they both think they\'re Kujo.<br /> <br />1999 3.8 A4 Y87<br />Navy Blue Metallic<br />BFG G-Force KDWS 275/40/17s, <br />WS6 Wheels (17x9)<br />Phoenix Transmissions 2400 Stall Converter<br />FRA, Holley Powershot filter, Whisper Lid, Ported Throttlebody<br />2000 manifolds, Flowmaster, WS6 Tail Pipes, <br />MSD 8.5mm Wires, MSD Coils, Autolite plugs<br />Performance Cryogenics treated rotors<br />1LE Sway Bars and panhard rod, 1LE front springs w/SLP Bilsteins, stock rear springs w/ 3rd Gen Bilsteins, BMR STB, KBDD SFCs, 1LE rear lower control arms, 1LE front lower control arms<p>1968 Chevelle Malibu 327 TH350

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X