DUMB QUESTION..but take a look

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DUMB QUESTION..but take a look

I have heard alot of mixed opinions, whats a better filter? K&N or Holley Powershot? Right now I have a K&N on, I was wondering if I can get better preformance with the Holley.
    My 1996 Camaro RS <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangkiller311\" target=\"_blank\">www.cardomain.com/id/mustangkiller311</a> \"Its out-dated\"<br />Mods=SLP CAI, 3.42/LSD, 180*, BMR StrutBrace,SLP Take-Off Shocks/Springs, Z28Swaybar, DynomaxSuperTurbo,3in pipes,Catco3in,3in Cutout ThrottleBody Spacer, SolidDriveShaft,NGKplugs, Taylor8mmWires,ZR1 rims, RS Spoiler,WhiteFacedGuages.<br />Stereo= Pioneer DEH-P8400MP, Custom Subthump enclosure, 2 BlouPunkt 12\'s, JL 500/1, Fosgate speakers, 1FaradCap.<p>NEW 1997 FireBird Formula WS6

using scan tool, i saw no difference between K&N (properly cleaned and oiled) and a new AC paper filter in terms of airflow past MAF sensor.

i like the K&N because with cai its washable and durable but performance-wise, the numbers say it does no better with airflow than a clean stock filter.
    ASE Master, L1, X1, C1. Instructor in automotive systems. 99 3800 4L60E with a few mods and a greatful dead sticker on the back window.

Comment

Check out one of the last few issues of HOT ROD Magazine. (Can't remember which it was off the top of my head.)

They did a review and comparison of several different air filters.
      -James<br /><br />\'96 3.8L A4 Camaro (SOLD)

Comment

I am about to get the holley very soon, but i still have mixed feelings too, cuz Kn is a very trusted brand, i dont think they would make anything bad, and you can clean the KNs (i dunno if u can clean holleys) I think there will be like 1-2 hp gain just from kn filter after about 40-50 mph. I am working on my induction right now, after I am done, I am hoping a 20hp increase (hopefully, even thats too much probably)

Comment

I have the holley - do a search and read my past posts about the filter.

I consider the holley a better engineered and far superior product to the original K&N. Its more durable, and it looks cooler, not to mention its $5 cheaper [img]smile.gif[/img] .
          2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
          Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

Holley also makes a cleaner/recharge kit. But like stated, HotRod magazine did an article on this. As far as flow, a CLEAN regular old paper filter flows pretty much the same as K&N or Hoollley, but the nice tuing is being able to clean them, and then throw them back in. I admit Holley does look coller with the blue instead of red.
            <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a> THE SOURCE!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X