gas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gas?

what, in your opinion, is the best type of gas to use for our cars? for the longest time i used 87 octance, but recently i've switched to 93. i would think, just because 93 is the most expensive, it is the best for you: am i wrong?
    2000 NBM M6 Camaro Z28<br />323/335

i guess my point is this: even though the manuals SUGGEST 87 octane, will it hurt to run 93??? thx.
    2000 NBM M6 Camaro Z28<br />323/335

Comment

Will it hurt no is it worth it no. Save your money and use regular. Only time you need it is if you advance your timing or get forced induction/N20 or raise compression.

[ June 22, 2002: Message edited by: zlightning ]</p>
      1995 Camaro 3.4 v6. Dead<br />1995 Trans Am FIPK.

Comment

under heavy load conditions you will see slight benefit using mid-grade (usually 89) over 87. but there is really no reason N/A to use 93. if you have to use 93 to get rid of spark knock in a 3800 engine, you need to diagnose and repair the cause of the spark knock.

87's okay... i use 89 so the pcm can kick the timing up as much as it has been programmed to without chance of detonation.

higher octane is a waste of money, that's all. it won't hurt your car to run 93. i've seen some posts where people say that but its not true.
        ASE Master, L1, X1, C1. Instructor in automotive systems. 99 3800 4L60E with a few mods and a greatful dead sticker on the back window.

Comment

I use 91 here in Cali, I've used all three octanes here, and there's a noticeable difference between them all, but theat may be partly due to the gas that we have out here.
          Wife and a dog, they both think they\'re Kujo.<br /> <br />1999 3.8 A4 Y87<br />Navy Blue Metallic<br />BFG G-Force KDWS 275/40/17s, <br />WS6 Wheels (17x9)<br />Phoenix Transmissions 2400 Stall Converter<br />FRA, Holley Powershot filter, Whisper Lid, Ported Throttlebody<br />2000 manifolds, Flowmaster, WS6 Tail Pipes, <br />MSD 8.5mm Wires, MSD Coils, Autolite plugs<br />Performance Cryogenics treated rotors<br />1LE Sway Bars and panhard rod, 1LE front springs w/SLP Bilsteins, stock rear springs w/ 3rd Gen Bilsteins, BMR STB, KBDD SFCs, 1LE rear lower control arms, 1LE front lower control arms<p>1968 Chevelle Malibu 327 TH350

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X