is the Y87 muffiler louder then the stock one? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is the Y87 muffiler louder then the stock one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is the Y87 muffiler louder then the stock one?

On my V6, I have the single turned down one but I have added a wisper lid which gave it alittle down low throttle noise.
    I hurd a 98 or 99 M5 V6, Y87 with the sport apearence package take off today, it sounded so much louder then mine and had the cool raspy V6 sound to it, it is stock and not moded cuz the owner is my friends mom and she could care less about speed.
    Does the different GM muffiler make it sound that much different?
    ~chris~ 98 Cayenne red Camaro 3800 A4, 3:08, T tops Borla cat-back, wisper lid K&N, Bilstine shocks, Dunlops all around. <br />AOL IM: chevyboyz24

for the 1 millionth time.... the Y87 muffler is a Z28 muffler...a v8 would need more flow so the muffler flows more and is less restrictive..therefore the exhaust flows right through... and makes a different sound..

yes it is a different muffler and it has dual outlets

;)

Comment

the y87 is not a z28 muffler on all years of the camaros. That only started on some of the last few years. My 97 camaro rs was not a z28 muffler. I replaced it with a z28 muffler and it had different part numbers there was a difference.

Two pipes out of a muffler will obviously have more flow.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by knowledgefreak:
        the y87 is not a z28 muffler on all years of the camaros. <hr></blockquote>

Correct, the Y87 started in 96, and has a 2.5" inlet.
        Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X