Did "Free Ram Air" this week....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did "Free Ram Air" this week....

I used a 90degree bend sheet metal Air Duct piece that costs $3.00 from Home Depot. It was 10in X 3in and worked excellent.

Very easy to do but took me awhile due to lack of tools. Used sheet metal screws to attach to the plastic and wire cutters to cut the metal. Used my friends jigsaw to cut the plastic.

Results:
    About 6 cuts on my left hand. Next day I woke up and it was throbbing. :mad:
    Oh - real results :D

Seems like improved throttle response and the car pulls better over 40ish mph

For $3 - Id do it
    [img]graemlins/fluffy.gif[/img]
    *MATT* <p>98 Camaro SS #1767 A4<br />Artic White<br />Not stock...<p>Former car:<br />96 Firebird Y87 A4<br />Bright Red<br />Wasn\'t stock...

Whoops! Can you move this to I/E please mods?

thanks and sorry!
    [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
    *MATT* <p>98 Camaro SS #1767 A4<br />Artic White<br />Not stock...<p>Former car:<br />96 Firebird Y87 A4<br />Bright Red<br />Wasn\'t stock...

Comment

Did this change your exhaust note at all?
      I heard it did but I can't figure out why.
      <b>« Red <i><a href=\"http://sandman.v8tec.com\" target=\"_blank\">Firebird</a></i> »</b>

Comment

Not that I noticed. But you can hear a little more 'sucking' from the intake as you hit it over like 40mph.

PS - i have SLP CAI, and edelbrock catback

[ June 20, 2002: Message edited by: mw02 ]</p>

Comment

u got pics of that ram air

Comment

no - dont have a scanner/digital camera
            sorry jlo!

[img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Comment

Hey Jlo go to www.installuniversity.com, click on install docs, then click on FREE RAM AIR, it has very nice detailed insturctions and pics for ya
              Mike<br /><a href=\"http://www.my99firebird.gq.nu\" target=\"_blank\">www.my99firebird.gq.nu</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                Hello everyone!
                by Andy H
                Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                3 weeks ago
              • 3.4 slow to go
                hey there strangers!
                by 3.4 slow to go
                been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X