best lenght of a CAT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best lenght of a CAT?

What do you guys think about the higest flow of a CAt, is it better to have a 14 in long one or a 16 in. long one.

Seems 14 in. would be better, but maybe it somehow increases backpressure, which I am not looking for at the moment.

well. when i got my new exhaust system.. i bought a 14" catco and the exhaust shop had to install some more piping because they said it was too small... so i probably would go w/ a 16" if i were u...

as far as performance... i don't realy think it makes a Noticable difference

[ June 20, 2002: Message edited by: SuprSpdDB7 ]</p>
    <b>*§*Julian*§*</b><br />*~*~*~<br />2000 Grand Prix GTP -Daytona 500 Edition (only 2000 made) - Supercharged 3.8L V6<br /><br />1998 3.8L V6 A4 Firebird w/ W68 package, Y87, T-TOPS!<br /><br /><a href=\"http://myweb.usf.edu/~jadidona/index.html\" target=\"_blank\">MY SITE - CHECK IT!</a>

Comment

I figured the same, I could care less about the size, I am putting in a Cut out among other changes in my I-pipe, so I'll jsut go with the 14, seemns like it will take up less room.

Comment

smaller is better. That way you can use two 45* angles to replace that S pipe you have after the cat.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by pgriffith:
          smaller is better. That way you can use two 45* angles to replace that S pipe you have after the cat.<hr></blockquote>

yeah thats what I was thinking too, i went with smaller.

i was worried maybe the it being shorter, it had a different intereio that cause mroe backpressure.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X