Z28 MAF....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z28 MAF....

Has anybody tried one yet? I am going to borrow one from a friend of mine, and see if it will work with my PCM. I'm going to stick it between the front of the TB and the airbox, like on the Z28s, and pull my MAF sensor out.
    If this works, then I'm going to see about doing a little cleanup work around the mount for the stock MAF sensor. In case anybody's wondering why I'm doing this, take a look at our stock MAF sensor, and look at the stock one on a Z28. Ours is a large whistle-looking thing that hangs down into the airstream in front of the butterfly, and the mount for it blocks the top part of the MAF tube.
    The Z28 MAF simply has a post with 3 wires running through it, much cleaner than ours.
    The pin set-up on the is the same, now the question is just whether they are calibrated the same.
    Wife and a dog, they both think they\'re Kujo.<br /> <br />1999 3.8 A4 Y87<br />Navy Blue Metallic<br />BFG G-Force KDWS 275/40/17s, <br />WS6 Wheels (17x9)<br />Phoenix Transmissions 2400 Stall Converter<br />FRA, Holley Powershot filter, Whisper Lid, Ported Throttlebody<br />2000 manifolds, Flowmaster, WS6 Tail Pipes, <br />MSD 8.5mm Wires, MSD Coils, Autolite plugs<br />Performance Cryogenics treated rotors<br />1LE Sway Bars and panhard rod, 1LE front springs w/SLP Bilsteins, stock rear springs w/ 3rd Gen Bilsteins, BMR STB, KBDD SFCs, 1LE rear lower control arms, 1LE front lower control arms<p>1968 Chevelle Malibu 327 TH350

I don't think it'll work, but let us know how it goes!
    Keith - 99 'maro - White M5 - bumpstick and boltons - 13.65 @ 101 N/A
    "I ain't too big to listen to the rumors, I'm just too @#$% big to pay attention to them" - Dr. Dre
    http://seppo.hopto.org/

Comment

I'm going to get ahold of an LS1 MAf in a bit, and stick it in and see how it works. I'll let you all know what happens.
      Wife and a dog, they both think they\'re Kujo.<br /> <br />1999 3.8 A4 Y87<br />Navy Blue Metallic<br />BFG G-Force KDWS 275/40/17s, <br />WS6 Wheels (17x9)<br />Phoenix Transmissions 2400 Stall Converter<br />FRA, Holley Powershot filter, Whisper Lid, Ported Throttlebody<br />2000 manifolds, Flowmaster, WS6 Tail Pipes, <br />MSD 8.5mm Wires, MSD Coils, Autolite plugs<br />Performance Cryogenics treated rotors<br />1LE Sway Bars and panhard rod, 1LE front springs w/SLP Bilsteins, stock rear springs w/ 3rd Gen Bilsteins, BMR STB, KBDD SFCs, 1LE rear lower control arms, 1LE front lower control arms<p>1968 Chevelle Malibu 327 TH350

Comment

I don't think it will work correctly or be worth your time, goodluck in your efforts though I could be wrong!
        2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
        Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

but then again I dont know of anyone that has tried it. So maybe it will work.

Comment

I am pretty sure the L36 and L67 MAF are pretty close. If that is the case, the LS1 MAF will be really lean, too lean. So don't go WOT around the block, or you might be pushing it back.

DEE
            1997 GTP(13.3@104)-Sold<br />1999 Trans Am M6

Comment

The LS1 MAF is 3" in diameter, the same diameter as our MAF section, so it won't really flow much, or any, more air. The only difference externally is that it has three wires instead of two like ours, and it's a lot more aerodynamic. If it's calibrated the same, it shouldn't be a problem. The question, though, is whether it's calibrated the same as ours, or can be modified to be calibrated the same as ours.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X