Free Air Box Mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free Air Box Mod

Well, I was cleaning my engine and getting the left overs of th wax that got in some crack near my front end, when I decided to do something, a FREE Mod to my car. So I took out the air box, took off the other half of the lid(the side with the clamps) and then used some zip ties to keep the filter on the other half. Doesnt look half bad either! I got some great(better) Throttle Response, deeper sound as the RPM's flow, and Better Accel.. Just figured id give those guys with the air box behind the drivers side light an idea to work with.
    ******Nick******<br />1997 Pontiac Firebird Coupe<br />Automatic/T-Topped<br />3800 Series II V6

pictures???

"Money can't buy me happiness, but I'm happiest when I can buy what I want"
    05' CTS-V
    00' Camaro - SOLD :(

Comment

I just cut the cover part open at the front edge and bottom. It made a big difference also.
      Wife and a dog, they both think they\'re Kujo.<br /> <br />1999 3.8 A4 Y87<br />Navy Blue Metallic<br />BFG G-Force KDWS 275/40/17s, <br />WS6 Wheels (17x9)<br />Phoenix Transmissions 2400 Stall Converter<br />FRA, Holley Powershot filter, Whisper Lid, Ported Throttlebody<br />2000 manifolds, Flowmaster, WS6 Tail Pipes, <br />MSD 8.5mm Wires, MSD Coils, Autolite plugs<br />Performance Cryogenics treated rotors<br />1LE Sway Bars and panhard rod, 1LE front springs w/SLP Bilsteins, stock rear springs w/ 3rd Gen Bilsteins, BMR STB, KBDD SFCs, 1LE rear lower control arms, 1LE front lower control arms<p>1968 Chevelle Malibu 327 TH350

Comment

pix?????? :( :( :(
        98 firebird V6<br />3.08 gears (3.42\'s coming sson)<br />free ram air (cai coming soon)<br />80 series flowmaster<br />more to come

Comment

ya pix i want to see
          1996 CAMARO M5 3.8, SLP CAI, FLOWMASTER CAT BACK WITH 80 SERIES.<br />MODS ON THE WAY ZEXEL LSD, ONE PIECE DRIVESHAFT.

Comment

I didn't cut my stock air box in case I ever sold my car. You wouldn't want chopped up parts on your car if you were trying to sell it. I plan on getting the SLP CAI sometime anyways.
            <a href=\"http://community.webshots.com/user/maniacls1\" target=\"_blank\"><b>2001 Firehawk #155 of 504 -M6</b></a><br />437 RWHP / 404 RWTQ -Dynojet (heads/cam)<br />12.34 @114 mph 1.7 60\' (bolt-ons only)<br />12.47 @116 mph 2.0 60\' (street tires, heads/cam)

Comment

Alright guys, sorry about the pics, didnt think they where neccesary. I will take some of the box out of the car, and some in already. Im trying to develop some pics so I can get them in my sig, so they will be up when I get them developed, PROMISE!!
              ABOUT THE MOD: It is awsome! I feel...so much diffence! Its like, when it gets up in the high 3500-5500 you can feel, and OMG, you can hear the difference! I went to 'HARDCORE Motorsports' here in Fresno, CA for some estimates on a header and Exhuast system, they told me around $500 for parts and labor!!!(3" Pipe and muffler of choice!)Anyhoo he saw what I did, since was pushing me to do a intake system aswell, he smiled and said "Thats just like d*mn K&N set-up, dont go and spend friggin $200 on it, you did great, just buy a filter and your set". But overall, ill get pics up soon!
              ******Nick******<br />1997 Pontiac Firebird Coupe<br />Automatic/T-Topped<br />3800 Series II V6

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X