Redoing the full exhaust advice/comments within - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Redoing the full exhaust advice/comments within

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redoing the full exhaust advice/comments within

My new kick is for a new exhaust setup. Currently I have stock exhaust manifolds, the cat has been replaced with a flowmaster 1 chamber racing muffler, stock s-pipe and i-pipe, muffler is a backyard-brand muffler that's straight through. Kinda like a glass pack but it's shaped like a muffler with dual outlets. The only backpressure I have right now is what's created by the stock intermediate and the tiny little V-shaped baffle in the middle of my "cat-muffler" and I think that's hurting my performance alot.

Now my first purchase will be the CIA headers. After that I need to decide what to do with the rest of it. Personally I think that 3" is too wide. I think I'll lose too much backpressure that way. Also as far as the cat, I don't know if I should just go with a high-flow cat or a straight pipe. I also don't know which muffler to go with. I like the Borla setups, but don't know much about them. I talked to a tech from Corsa today on the phone. He said that their muffler is designed specifically for a 3" and for the LT1 or LS1 engine. I asked about having a 2.5" or 2.75" intermediate, and he said it wouldn't work properly that way. He also didn't recommend the Corsa for the V6; he agreed that 3" was too much. I don't want to go with a Flowmaster, and I really the Borla look (and sound). What about the B&B Triflow? I don't like the tips at all on it, but is it any better/worse than the Borla? Does anyone think I should just go with the Corsa?

Any other ideas?
    Thanks

[ June 17, 2002: Message edited by: 96BeastV6 ]</p>
    -<i>Travis</i><br /><b>99 Trans Am, Pewter, A4</b> Forged, stalled, and cammed<br /><b>85 Buick Regal WH1 T-Type</b> It\'d be cool if it ran...<br /><b>94 Camaro 3.4, Teal, M5</b> The daily beater

3 inch is the perfect size..the whole back pressure argument is sooo retarded... whens the last time anyone or anywhere regreted getting a 3 inch catback...its never happend..whe i got my 3 inch put on i dropped .1 in the 60" and .3 in the 1/4...

backpressure argumnet = [img]graemlins/thumbsdown.gif[/img]

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
    Working...
    X