Free Toys Ram Air

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free Toys Ram Air

worth it? if anyone has it can you give me the pros and cons and how was the installation

I think it's the Fast Toys Ram Air you're referring to. Worth it if you have the Whisper Lid, and a beefier than stock exhaust. I have the FTRA & the whisper lid, and the throttle response is definitely better, but without the exhaust, I'm sure it's only doing half the job it could be. Installation was a little tougher than I had expected, but partially because my toolbox wasn't fully equipped. Get yourself a dremel tool for the cutting, it'll save you mucho headache. It's a little tight at times, so be patient, and don't maul your radiator fins.

Comment

yea dewey is right about everything! I installed the lid a few days before the ftra, and got a better sound. Then I think the ram air helped with sound even more. Sure as hell helped the throttle. Definately suggest/recommend the lid and a k&n filter with the intake. All those little and simple mods help alot.

Comment

cool
        Turbocharged and intercooled.<br />17psi(oops), stock fuel pump, no FMU<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/phoenix64\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/phoenix64</a> <br />Video: <a href=\"ftp://ftp.pfabrication.com\" target=\"_blank\">ftp://ftp.pfabrication.com</a> Assorted car ****: TurboCamaroFull.

Comment

the FTRA is just like the free ram air except multiply by 5...

if you have the FRA done than the FTRA will be a piece of cake install..just a little more cutting and a little drillin and its done

i noticed a difference in my passing power and when i hit about 4000 RPM my car feels so much stronger

Comment

ok what the he@l is the wisper lid thing and the ftr, it sounds like it works can u someone explain ?

Comment

on stock 98-02 camaros/firebirds we have a air lid w/ fins on the inside as well as a big black air silencer to quiet the car down some. these are big restrictions in the intake path. There is a aftermarket replacement lid w/o the fins and get's rid of the air silencer. it is called a whisper lid. on stock f-bodies, the air intake is at the front of the air box, just below the lid. what aftermarket cold and ram air intakes do is close up the front of the box, open a an area below the box, and stock a rectangular funnel down in front of the radiator so it can suck up colder high-pressure air. cold air has more air molecules per cubic centimeter than warmer air does, and more air means more fuel can be added, allowing more power to be made. When air is forced into a naturally aspirated engine(not turbo'd or supercharged), it is called a ram air kit. this helps if you want to pass on the highway, since the faster the car goes, the more air gets forced into the engine. 2 companies make intakes for 98-02 car, and those companies are SLP and fast toys.
              2001 Arctic White Firebird<br />More mods than I\'m allowed to list!

Comment

hey how do you get that piece out thats right infront of the radiator? does it just pull out or what? do i need to go underneath the car to unleash something ???
                98 firebird V6<br />3.08 gears (3.42\'s coming sson)<br />free ram air (cai coming soon)<br />80 series flowmaster<br />more to come

Comment

Kal El, you definitely have to get underneath to get that piece off. And you kind of have to do some bending and twisting to get it out. Again, and I can't stress this enough, take it slow, so as not to maul your radiator.

Comment

so that piece does come off! cool! any advice on to what to use to take it off?
                    98 firebird V6<br />3.08 gears (3.42\'s coming sson)<br />free ram air (cai coming soon)<br />80 series flowmaster<br />more to come

Comment

Some elbow grease, and curse words. There are two little 1" posts on the ends that snap in/out of place. It is kind of a b*tch though. Do you have the Fast Toys instructions? See here:

FTRA Instructions Are you talking about diagram B?

Comment

I used the FTRA on my stock exhaust for about 6 months....Still loved it! Took about 2/10's off my 1/4 mile time consistantly.
                        <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a> THE SOURCE!

Comment

Is the SLP CAI a better buy?? Its like $40 cheaper and appears to be exactly the same damn thing. Anyone out there test both the SLP vs. FTRA?? I'm intrested. Thanks. [img]smile.gif[/img]
                          <b>Red 1999 Firebird M5</b><br />Whisper Lid,Borla Catback,K&N,Dual Friction Center Force Clutch,Hurst Shifter w/Lou\'s Short Stick,!FRA,Suncoast Ramair hood,160 Thermo,!maf,Chrome ZO6 Wheels, Painted Calipers, CIA Headers, Taylor Wires, NGK Spark Plugs, 3\" Catco, Jet Chip Stage II, BMR STB, LCA, PHR, SFC, Fan Switch, FTRA<br /><b>Old Dyno Numbers: 183 RWHP, 217 RWTRQ</b><br /><a href=\"http://community.webshots.com/user/redsixer\" target=\"_blank\">http://community.webshots.com/user/redsixer</a>

Comment

yea I want to know is that CAI from SLP just as good for the same price?

BTW guys READ MY SIG...I've done complete intake and exhaust so I'm assuming from what I've read this will help alot.

Comment

The whisper ram air kit costs less than Fasttoys, but $10 more than SLP from tbyrne. It also has the blockoff and ramair plates like fasttoys, but $30. cheaper.
                              <b>99 Camaro Z28 A4</b><br />R.I.P. 00 Firebird 3.8<br />14.89 @ 90, 2.03 60\'

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X