Headers w/ no cat vs Headers w/ Cat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headers w/ no cat vs Headers w/ Cat

I'm curretnly running CIA headers with no cat.

I'm looking to see if anyone has any information regarding better performance with or w/o the cat (this includes gutted cats) running in particular with headers.

EIther someone who has tried both... or even someone with headers and a cat that has some 1/4 times.

I dont know, anything - an opinion.

I feel the car isn't running as well as it should... and maybe the missing back pressure w/ no cat is something of a culprit?
    2002 Camaro SS 6 Spd<br />Sebring Silver Metallic<br />Still breaking it in<p>Traded in - 2002 V6 5 Spd Camaro.<p>\"I\'ll never trust squirrels again.\"

I feel the car isn't running as well as it should... and maybe the missing back pressure w/ no cat is something of a culprit?

id say so
    AIM: escalier deverre<br />\'02 Pearl Blue Metallic RSX-S (daily driver)<br />\'98 Black Firebird<br />98 V6 turbocharged to 02 LS1 swap<br />\'02 LS1/4L60E<br />LS6 Block, LS6 Intake Manifold, Thunder Racing 215/220 .600/.523/115 Cam, Titanium Retainers, Crane Double Valve Springs, 125 shot NX Wet Kit w/ NOS brand Purge, True Dual \"H\" Pipe w/ two chambers and dumps, 17x11(rear) and 17x9.5(front) Black Powdercoated ZR1 Replicas on 315 and 275 BFGoodrich Comp T/A\'s (Street)/ET Drags/Skinnies on Weldlites(Track), 3.42/LSD

Comment

Our engines like a little backpressure. not a lot, but some. running open headers would be good if you had heads/cam, all bolt-on intake/exhaust mods, as wel as probly the ati sc kit when it comes out. until then, I'd throw a cat on there, but not the stock 2.25 in/out cat. Instead, throw on a 3" in/out cat and run a 3" exhaust from that. That will help you gain some torque in the midrange rpm band, helping her pull better. I'd get all of the intake stuff done as well, since intake and exhaust mods compliment each other. after intake and exhaust, wait until www.hotrocker.com comes out w/ their kit for our cars and put that on to help the stock heads breathe better. also, don't forget to upgrade the ignition to light off the larger air/fuel mixture that the engine will be able to accomodate.

[ June 16, 2002: Message edited by: Arctc Wolf ]</p>
      2001 Arctic White Firebird<br />More mods than I\'m allowed to list!

Comment

i ran open headers not cat or muffler it was the loudest thing in the world to be honest i had a beutiful high end but crappy low end it pulled nice on the freeway. now i have my cat and muffler damn smogcheks now i have a good low end but crappy high end, why? how can i get a good high end

Comment

If you want great topend get the supersix motorsports powerpac www.supersixmotorsports.com talk 2 tom

Comment

and tom is?

Comment

I ran open headers as well:
              http://www.pcis.net/mlb/Mov68.jpg
              and had horrible all around performance.

Now with no cat and just muffler - I have decent low end and awesome top end.
              2002 Camaro SS 6 Spd<br />Sebring Silver Metallic<br />Still breaking it in<p>Traded in - 2002 V6 5 Spd Camaro.<p>\"I\'ll never trust squirrels again.\"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X