SS Exhaust?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SS Exhaust?

I was thinking about getting an SS exhaust. Anyone have one? How does it sound?
    1994 Camaro A4<br />Mods: Custom Intake

Yep. Good.

=-)
    2002 Camaro SS 6 Spd<br />Sebring Silver Metallic<br />Still breaking it in<p>Traded in - 2002 V6 5 Spd Camaro.<p>\"I\'ll never trust squirrels again.\"

Comment

I am thinking of doing the same...does anyone have a sound clip of a stock ss exhaust on a 3.8? How much trouble is to install?

I don't want my car loud...but a little better flow would be good.

Thanks
      97 Silver Bird<br />3.8 M5 Bone Stock Engine<br />15.528 @ 88.96 bone stock<br /><a href=\"http://www.fbodyenhancements.com/\" target=\"_blank\">www.fbodyenhancements.com/</a>

Comment

The sound is definately just right.
        I wanted the same thing - not overbearing, but a little better flow with maybe a little throat.

Sometime in the near future I can get a small clip of my car with the SS exhaust (although it now has headers as well).
        2002 Camaro SS 6 Spd<br />Sebring Silver Metallic<br />Still breaking it in<p>Traded in - 2002 V6 5 Spd Camaro.<p>\"I\'ll never trust squirrels again.\"

Comment

BTW, just to let everyone know. Cale's exhaust sounds SWEEEET!!!! We work at the same place and he took me for a ride. I just wish I had the SS system on my camaro too(and headers). :D
          1996 Red Camaro 3.8L<br />Details, you say? Go here.<br /><a href=\"http://www.angelfire.com/trek/brl866s/camaro.html\" target=\"_blank\">Slick Red</a><p>\"A Great Warrior defeats his enemies by smashing their fists with his face.\" - A Great Warrior

Comment

i have a 2002 camaro and i wanted to buy my friends stock 2002 ss exhaust (he put loadmouth on it) and the dealer said it wouldn't fit my car. is this true? like you guys, i don't want anything that is really loud, all i want is better performance. so, if this does fit, where can i get it installed? thanks for the help.
            ITS ALL STOCK - TRUST ME

Comment

I really would love to hear a soundclip of this. I know there must be other members out there who have this exhaust on their car. Anybody?
              97 Silver Bird<br />3.8 M5 Bone Stock Engine<br />15.528 @ 88.96 bone stock<br /><a href=\"http://www.fbodyenhancements.com/\" target=\"_blank\">www.fbodyenhancements.com/</a>

Comment

I'll get it up as soon as I can.

BASLeeper - Your dealer was lying to you because they are too lazy to take the time to make it fit. Yes there are a couple of hangers that do not line up, but they simply have to take an extra 10 minutes and move them.

You need to take it to an exhaust shop that it full of good ole boys that will do it for $50 (that's what it cost me). Don't take anything to the dealer unless it's a warranty issue.

Comment

Cale, thanks for the info. when you installed the system, did you notice any performance gains? what does it sound like? i'm looking for a deep mellow tone. thanks.
                  ITS ALL STOCK - TRUST ME

Comment

Just to let you know, the system included the 3" I-Pipe, along with the over the axle pipe, muffler, and tips, etc.

Yea the performance gain was there. Nothing drastic, but better mid range RPM power gain, better WOT, high RPM gain as well.

Sound is very mellow and throaty. Opens up when you stomp on it - but never annoying.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X