Home made intake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home made intake?

I know it has been done before, but how do you make a home made intake. I have been thinking and I know people do this and get pretty much the same results as buying a $200 one from SLP or K&N but I honestly don't want to spend that much money if I can just make one.

Can someone please help me out. Thanks. Travis
    1995 Firebird 3.4 V6 M5<br />-Firehawk 17x9 w/275/40/ZR17, flowmaster 80s, high-flow cat<br />*new* BMR lowering springs, Bilstein shocks, WS.6 sway bars, polyurethane bushings.

all you have to do with the 3.4 is remove the airbox, and where the A.I.R tube meets the intake after the 90 degree elbow from the throttle body, put a 3" cone filter on, fits perfectly. It actaully works well too, and sounds mean.

almost any cone filter will work but i recommend one of these... a K&N $40, or a Weapon-R dragon filter $75 (extreme flow, you can hear the whistle).
    \'94 Firebird, 3.4 M5.<br />Arctic white w/ red anniversary stripe. ASP underdrive pulley set, Magnaflow 2.5\" stainless catback, CAT, Pacesetters, K&N FIPK2, 1000 watt stereo system capped 1F, Eagle Alloys 16\" 077\'s, 180 Deg. Thermo.

Comment

Do you know where I can find those filters? Probably at the local AutoZone or Advance but I didn't know if I have to go somewhere special.

Thanks Leviathan 1994, any other suggestions anyone else?

Travis
      1995 Firebird 3.4 V6 M5<br />-Firehawk 17x9 w/275/40/ZR17, flowmaster 80s, high-flow cat<br />*new* BMR lowering springs, Bilstein shocks, WS.6 sway bars, polyurethane bushings.

Comment

well you have to order the weapon-r one off the internet, local shops such as autozone may carry the K&N, or similar filters.
        \'94 Firebird, 3.4 M5.<br />Arctic white w/ red anniversary stripe. ASP underdrive pulley set, Magnaflow 2.5\" stainless catback, CAT, Pacesetters, K&N FIPK2, 1000 watt stereo system capped 1F, Eagle Alloys 16\" 077\'s, 180 Deg. Thermo.

Comment

the weapon r flows so well that im almost scared it's not filering enough!, K&N has been known to make top of the line filters so either brand

Comment

nice car, very similar to mine. I'll take some pics of the filter deal and of my car.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X