Question about tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about tips

First of all, don't worry. This isn't a question about "which tips look best on my car" or something like that. I've searched around and can't really find an answer, so I figuerd I'd ask.

My question is this: How much do tips affect the exhaust tone, or are they pretty much an asthetic feature of the exhaust? For instance, I've got a 2.5" pipe coming out of my muffler into a 3" tip. Will this change in pipe size affect the sound of the exhuast any? (My car honestly sounds like it's farting the whole time so I'm trying to figure out what the problem is.) Thanks!
    Proud Member of the Fightin Texas Aggie Class of 2004! WHOOP!

Tips shouldn't affect the sound much at all.
    If you have a problem with your exhaust its not the tips.
    Shawn<br />2002 Silver W68 Firebird

Comment

Wat muffler do you have? Also what size pipes do you have leading upto the muffler? Have a high flow cat? Give us your entire exhaust setup.

-Justin
      <b><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/drkmind11\" target=\"_blank\">2000 Red Firebird Coupe, A4.</a></b> ((3.42 Gears, LSD Stock))<br />Details: 3\" Edelbrock Exhaust, 3\" Catco Cat,160* Thermostat, 8% Tint, TA Chrome Wheels, Viper 550.

Comment

I've got a high-flow cat with a 2.5" I-Pipe into Magnaflow muffler. It has dual 2.5" pipes coming out ending with 3" tips. Any suggestions would be great!
        Proud Member of the Fightin Texas Aggie Class of 2004! WHOOP!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X