Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quick Intake questions

first off:
    1) Would installing a ram air box (box that comes with Ram Airs w/raised opening) benefit my car over the existing airbox?
    2) Is it possible to take off my angled TB and install one from a 99+ model? I heard it would not work because something about the gas linkage?
    3) Has anyone had an exhaust shop custom make them a setup with two high flow cats going into an x-pipe , then finishing off with two bullets (dumped)? If so, were there any significant gains?
    K&N, Whisper Lid, ACcel Wires, NGK plugs, Hypertech 160*, Flowmaster exhaust w/cutout, Ram Air hood, 2 Kicker 10\" Comp VR w/custom box<p>http://www.geocities.com/jc1cavazos/readersrides/rileybird.jpg

guys? anyone?
    K&N, Whisper Lid, ACcel Wires, NGK plugs, Hypertech 160*, Flowmaster exhaust w/cutout, Ram Air hood, 2 Kicker 10\" Comp VR w/custom box<p>http://www.geocities.com/jc1cavazos/readersrides/rileybird.jpg

Comment

sorry, made a mistake :(

ttt i guess...

[ November 18, 2003: Message edited by: ianwells100 ]</p>
      97 camaro<br />black, 5 speed, t-tops, rockford fosgate cd w/4X6.5\" rockford speakers, 3\" flowmaster american thunder catback with 3\" carsound cat, SLP CAI, B&M Ripper w/leather Hurst shift knob, 5% tint.<br /> <a href=\"http://camaroz28.cardomain.com/id/ianwells100\" target=\"_blank\">http://camaroz28.cardomain.com/id/ianwells100</a>

Comment

1) Probably not. If you want to achieve the same effect free, do the spacers mod with washers under the box. A whisper lid (or ghetto type for $ reasons) would be better. Search for raised air box mod.

2) It is possible to do anything you want with $$. But otherwise don't do this. There is no linkage for the newer models. The TB is electronically controlled. Plus the gains would be few.

3) I think some one on here was attempting to do true dual setup. So search for that. Otherwise answer some questions like: Where would these two cats go? Is there even room for the x-pipe? Will there be significant gains (NO)? And can I afford this? The answers to these questions show you why not that many people (if anyone) have tried what you describe.

I'm done spoon feeding now. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
        Your sig is the most important part of your message. Make sure that you list EVERY single thing that you have done to your car so that we can all go \'oooh!\' and \'Ah!\'. Please make your sig consistently longer than anything else you post. Please include your lengthy sig with EVERY single post you make during a reply, even if you only reply with a monosyllable grunt.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Ike:
          1) Probably not. If you want to achieve the same effect free, do the spacers mod with washers under the box. A whisper lid (or ghetto type for $ reasons) would be better. Search for raised air box mod.

2) It is possible to do anything you want with $$. But otherwise don't do this. There is no linkage for the newer models. The TB is electronically controlled. Plus the gains would be few.

3) I think some one on here was attempting to do true dual setup. So search for that. Otherwise answer some questions like: Where would these two cats go? Is there even room for the x-pipe? Will there be significant gains (NO)? And can I afford this? The answers to these questions show you why not that many people (if anyone) have tried what you describe.

<hr></blockquote>

1) Well the reason I asked this question was because the guy that I bought my hood off of is going with a Volant intake and wouldnt need his stock airbox(WS6). He's willing to give it to me for free, so id rather have that box than a raised regular one.

2) This isnt a matter of how much gains I would get, its because the hose that Whisper Lid sent me has to angle in all sorts of ways. Ive had this lid for about a year now, the hose has holes in it and it looks harder for air to be sucked into the TB with all those bends. Id rather have a straight TB so that I can replace that bendible hose with something of the likes of PVC or something.

3) Making a custom X-pipe isnt hard at all (for most muffler shops). Coming off the stock manifolds, you would have maybe two smaller cats...something like the ones that come on stock LS1 y-pipes...and if its possible...to extend the wire of the o2 sensor to the part where the pipes make their cross and have a bung there, then finish off with two bullets type mufflers. Bullets you can get for about 35 bucks each from Jegs, and the rest of the piping I can get done fr cheap from my exhaust guy, so money is not a problem. But as far as the x-pipe fitting, I wouldn't really know...im not too familiar with how my car looks from underneath. Only time i see it is when its on the lifts.

Thanks you guys

[ November 19, 2003: Message edited by: Riley ]</p>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Ike:

<hr></blockquote>

Just for future reference, can you please refrain from referring to me as a newbie. I am an ex member from this site with a new screen name, Ive been in this V6 game for 4 years now and I think it would be better if you intend to help people rather than make them seem like your apprentices.

[ November 19, 2003: Message edited by: Riley ]</p>

Comment

Ah, my apprentice, much to learn have you. ;)

First of all, I never called you a newbie. I can see now why it would come off that way to you after re-reading my post--and apologize for seeming rude. However, I do feel that the answers to those questions are very obvious (or can be found from a quick search), and therefore it should be considered spoon feeding. It would be the same as if I went into the forced induction section and asked "who make superchargers for our cars?!" An easy question (and seen all too often) that can be answered with just a little research on the asker's part.

I hope you see my points and accept my apology for coming off as rude and nit-picky. [img]graemlins/stickpoke.gif[/img]

A major point--if you have holes in the air hose, then your filter can't do its job well--definately fix that :D

[ November 19, 2003: Message edited by: Ike ]

[ November 19, 2003: Message edited by: Ike ]</p>
              Your sig is the most important part of your message. Make sure that you list EVERY single thing that you have done to your car so that we can all go \'oooh!\' and \'Ah!\'. Please make your sig consistently longer than anything else you post. Please include your lengthy sig with EVERY single post you make during a reply, even if you only reply with a monosyllable grunt.

Comment

1) Yes.

2) Yes. But it requires a 99+ pcm, upper intake, TB, gas pedal and probably wiring harness.

3) Yes. Use the search button for more on this.

[ November 19, 2003: Message edited by: Seppo Kaitainen ]</p>
                Keith - 99 'maro - White M5 - bumpstick and boltons - 13.65 @ 101 N/A
                "I ain't too big to listen to the rumors, I'm just too @#$% big to pay attention to them" - Dr. Dre
                http://seppo.hopto.org/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                  New Owner!
                  by LETZRIDE
                  I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                  3 days ago
                • ssms5411
                  Little work today
                  by ssms5411
                  Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                  2 weeks ago
                • LETZRIDE
                  Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                  by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                  Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                  By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                  Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                  02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X