Question about header O2 Sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about header O2 Sensor

Ok, I've got a rattle and it's driving me crazy. I thought I fixed it several months ago, when I found that one of the bolts that connects the header to the Y-pipe was loose. Well, I fixed that, and I have made sure all the others are nice and snug. Well, I keep hearing this faint rattle and I have traced it down to be on the right side of the engine. So, I'm wondering. Is it possible for the O2 sensor to be making a rattle noise? I remember reading some where on here that it is good to change them every 70,000 to 75,000 miles. I have right at 63,500 miles on my car so, I was thinking on going ahead and changing them. Just wondering if anyone has had there O2 sensors rattle on them? Thanks for any help you can give. [img]graemlins/wavey.gif[/img]
    2000 V6 Camaro(bought brand new)
    5 speed
    Project: Unreal
    Several Mods..:naughty:plus Nitrous=WEEeee:banana:

2007 Suzuki GS500F :D

Daily driver
    2007 Chevy Aveo 5
    Mods K&N air filter:excited:
    www.guardiansworlds.com

Hey, just letting everyone know. The rattle I had was coming from both my O2 sensors on my headers. I searched my exhaust system like crazy tring to find the rattle and it ended up being the O2 sensors. I bought me two from Advance Autos. Both Bosch O2 sensors together came out around $130. I asked a dealership how much for one and they told me $120. I was like :eek: But, after installing them, the rattle is gone. I can take my old ones and shack them around and you can hear them rattle. Just figured I'd let everyone know.

Laterz all,
    Jeff
    2000 V6 Camaro(bought brand new)
    5 speed
    Project: Unreal
    Several Mods..:naughty:plus Nitrous=WEEeee:banana:

2007 Suzuki GS500F :D

Daily driver
    2007 Chevy Aveo 5
    Mods K&N air filter:excited:
    www.guardiansworlds.com

Comment

LOL good to know, I'm getting my headers in a month or 2 I'l make sure to check my O2 sensors.
      TY
      -Paul-<br /><br />03 Lancer Evolution VIII<br /><br />1998 Camaro M5 - Traded

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X