Cold Air Box and Whisper Lid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cold Air Box and Whisper Lid

I know this has been addressed many times, but I am new to the group. I am interested in the mod stated in the "Subject". However, I am worried about scooping up water if I drive through a deep puddle. Do anyone have any words of wisdom?

I have a 2000 3.8 Camaro with Flowmaster 80 and K&N. Thanks all.

Jake

That shouldn't be a problem. Many people here have these mods, and I don't know of anyone who's had any problems. I've driven through some pretty heavy rain and puddles, then checked the filter to find it dry.
    Matt
    1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
    Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

You wont get water unless you drive through a small lake.
      Someone on the board did that recently...
      But most people wont do that...so you have nothing to worry about.
      They are GREAT mods to start off with.
      Shawn<br />2002 Silver W68 Firebird

Comment

I've actually seen small water spots on the upper part of my CAI but it's probably just mist that condenses on it after driving a long time in the rain. My filter has never been wet though. I do get lots of sand and dirt around the bottom of it though... guess that's what you get from living near the coast :-D
        2002 Black Firebird:<br />A4, Y87, W68, T-tops<br />Best NA ET: 15.16 @ 90<br /> <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/darksde02\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/darksde02</a>

Comment

With a CAI you will have to clean your filter FAR more than without it.
          I clean my K&N almost every month
          Shawn<br />2002 Silver W68 Firebird

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X