will this exhaust sound good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• will this exhaust sound good?

I went to the muffler shop and told him i wanted to run a ypipe on my 3.4L bird. he said i had two options, to put on a flowmaster muffler with a single in and two outs, he said that was the stock muffler from the trans am and would make the exhaust quieter. The other option is to run a y pipe and put these tips on that have some kind of a baffle to quiet things down. the main reason im putting on the new exhaust is two make it louder, but still sound decent, i can't spend much money though, so i can't get a catback. This guy said that if i don't run the muffler i will loose a lot of horsepower and it will sound like crap and to leave the stock exhaust on a v6. what do u guys think i should do, i don't wanna loose very much horsepower, but i do like the looks of the duals and i want the car to be louder.

Just have him put on a Flowmaster 80 series. Doesn't cost much either. I had Flowmasters on the 1994 3.4 and the 2002 3.8 I use to own. I've heard a lot of different exhaust setups on the V6's and the Flowmaster was always best sounding. Will get about 10 hp out of it.
    2003 Nissan 350Z Touring Coupe, Daytona Blue, Frost leather interior, navigation, 18 inch wheels, M6, fully loaded, intake, crank pulley.<br /><br />Previous cars:<br />1991 Mustang (347)<br />2002 RS Camaro<br />1985 IROC-Z (305)<br />1994 Camaro convertible V6

Comment

yea just get flowmaster 80 series with dual exhaust tips.. thats what i did on my old 3.4L i mean its not gonna sound the greatest. and i dont think by adding tips to stock muffler makes it any louder... thats what some guy at this exhaust shop told me because he didnt want to put on my muffler, so he talked my dad into getting just the tips saying it would be louder... was funny when started it up and rev'd it and looked him right in the eyes and said it sounds the same and then he tries to tell me different and im just like ok i own the car i know how it sounds.. then hes just like well then if you want we can put the muffler on and i said no now i dont have money cuz i just paid $110 to get these pointless tips on. and he wanted $100 to put just muffler on.. so went to exhaust shop went to for my old car and he said $50 so was like hell yea
      99\' W68 Firebird<br />SLP Ram air kit,Whisper Air Lid, k&n, 8mm Taylor Wires, Bridgestone Potenzas RE950, BMR Red LCAs, Pacesetter Headers and 3\"in catalytic converter with 2.75\" Flowmaster Cat-back<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/501008\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/501008</a>

Comment

I have Flowmaster 40 series. They are pretty deep. Ask the muffler shop if they carry the Flowmaster 40 series for the camaro/firebird. The original 40 series was single in/out, there are some made for the camaro/firebird with single in dual out. I got mine at Midas, I think it was $100 for muffler, don't remember how much it was to install.
        1995 3.4L A4 Firebird White w/T-Tops *SOLD*<br />**NEW CAR**<br />2004 White Cavalier Coupe<br />2.2l ECOtec 5 speed

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X