Cold air intake and high flow cat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cold air intake and high flow cat

I have already recieved my SLP Loudmouth Exhaust for my car. I have the 3.8 and the only thing prior to exhaust I have done to my car is added a K&N air filter. Should I upgrade to a cold air intake and if so which one should I get. Also should I get a high flow cat or just stick with the stock one. One of my friends (sad to say a mustang gt driver) is trying to get my to cut my cat off and is telling me i'll get better sound and more horsepower. I don't have to worry about emmision testing or anything but I would like to know exactly what to do. If anyone has any opinions I'd greatly appreciate them. Thanks.
    1999 Red Pontiac Grand Prix GTP- BONE STOCK<p>1996 Red Chevrolet Camaro RS (RIP)SLP Loudmouth Exhaust with dual/dual tips, SLP Cold Air Intake.

If you gut the cat, i'd recommend a straight pipe in it's place, you get swooshing sound with the gutted cat. He's right about it sounding better, no more raspiness. More power... Yes and NO, I loose a little low end (just a little) but it really hauls *** in the top end so it's worth it. As for the car being really stinky and smokey, i don't really see an issue with it. You might have some trouble passing inspection. I'd get it re-inspected and get it for 8 years or something, lol.

Comment

someone told me that i have to get some sort of oxygen sensor if i put in a straight pipe. what and where do i get one of those and how do i get it put in?
      1999 Red Pontiac Grand Prix GTP- BONE STOCK<p>1996 Red Chevrolet Camaro RS (RIP)SLP Loudmouth Exhaust with dual/dual tips, SLP Cold Air Intake.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X