catco cats/OBD 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• catco cats/OBD 2

I just got my Catco catalytic converter (3" in/out) the other day from Summit. When I took it to Midas to install they said they couldn't because its not OBD 2 friendly and it will trigger a service light to come on if they install it. Now, I've had a Carsound cat on for about 4 months and it has gone bad. I'm not sure but I'd say it's not OBD 2 frienly either and no light has come on in my car yet. I'm just wondering if anyone else with this Catco cat. has had any service lights come on and how did you correct the problem.
    SLP C.A.I./Whisper Lid<br />K&N Filter<br />Flowmaster 50 series Exhaust<br />Catco 3\" high-flow cat w/<br />2.5\" I-pipe<br />Hurst Billet Shifter w/<br />Lou\'s short stick

Its OBD2 friendly, but you need to retain all sensor bungs and sensors... Also, never goto Midas.
    2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
    Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

why never go to midas?
      <b>*§*Julian*§*</b><br />*~*~*~<br />2000 Grand Prix GTP -Daytona 500 Edition (only 2000 made) - Supercharged 3.8L V6<br /><br />1998 3.8L V6 A4 Firebird w/ W68 package, Y87, T-TOPS!<br /><br /><a href=\"http://myweb.usf.edu/~jadidona/index.html\" target=\"_blank\">MY SITE - CHECK IT!</a>

Comment

I dont like Midas, I go to Meineke and there great and cheap! they installed my catco w/ no problem! what year is your car?
        2000 Black T/A M6 343rwhp 349rwtq<br />11.94 @ 118 60\'1.79 Stock Internal<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/demonicbird00\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/demonicbird00</a> <br />AIM: W68Firebird97<br />R.I.P... Christine 12/25/02 <br />1997 Firebird W68 Black<br />14.887 @ 90.08

Comment

Got my catco installed about 2 months ago and no SES light so far.
          <b>99 Camaro Z28 A4</b><br />R.I.P. 00 Firebird 3.8<br />14.89 @ 90, 2.03 60\'

Comment

Thanks guys. Yeah, I took it to an independent muffler shop and they put it on with no problem. Btw, Midas said they wanted $257.00 for a new cat. converter that would be OBD2 friendly. I said I'd think about it (lol). Also it's a 2000 camaro.

[ May 01, 2002: Message edited by: blue streak 00 ]</p>
            SLP C.A.I./Whisper Lid<br />K&N Filter<br />Flowmaster 50 series Exhaust<br />Catco 3\" high-flow cat w/<br />2.5\" I-pipe<br />Hurst Billet Shifter w/<br />Lou\'s short stick

Comment

I never use chain places. I drive around Chicago until I see alot of rats. That's when I stop at the nearest muffler shop. Hand the guy some cash. No waiting, no questions asked. For $20 I had different exhaust tips put on. All in about 15min from the moment I walked in. I hate midas. They are so expensive and plain dumb. They charge like $75/hour.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Dom:
                I hate midas. They are so expensive and plain dumb. They charge like $75/hour.<hr></blockquote>

Totally. Back in '98 when the maro was new & i wanted a new xhuast put on, went straight to midas. They said they didn't have any cat-back systems for the camaro b/c it changed from 97-98. WTF Maybe the hangers are different, but engine, tranny, etc. is still the same. However, i'm now glad they didn't help me, cuz i probably would of been suckered into paying a but load. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Oh & my ses light is on w/ my catco, but i think it's b/c i've got a 2.5" instead of a 3". I'll probably end-up going back to 3" eventually.

[ May 01, 2002: Message edited by: Night Rider ]</p>
                <a href=\"http://groups.msn.com/WhoisNightRider/bluethunder.msnw\" target=\"_blank\">2002 Electron Blue Corvette Coupe</a><br /><i>13.083@108.23</i><br /><br /><a href=\"http://groups.msn.com/WhoisNightRider/redfire.msnw\" target=\"_blank\">2002 Metallic Red Grandprix GTP</a> <b>SOLD</b><br /><i>14.49@94.42 (Bone stock)</i><br /><br />2002 Black Convertible Camaro Z28<br /><i>times comming real soon!</i>

Comment

My stock cat went bad and I had a catco put on mine and it made the SES light go away and it works fine. The muffler shop tried to sell me a carsound muffler and he was *****in that the catco might not work, but I told him to just put the damn thing on. It's worked fine ever since.
                  <b>99\' Black Camaro SS</b> <br />M6/T-Tops - SLPLid w/K&N | Hurst Billet Plus w/ LSS | EGR Mod<p>Black 97\' Camaro T-Tops (RIP)

Comment

midas sux A**!!
                    1997 Y-87 Camaro 3in Cat back Borla, Taylor 8mm wires,irridum plugs, SLP CAI, Hypertech thermo, B&M shift +, BMR strut brace, SLP ATM, ZEX dual bottle 75 dry shot with dual purge kit, 17in C5 vette rims, lowered i.5in Ebiach springs, transgo stage 3 shift kit, vette servo, 2800 converter, custom interior, and of course some stereo mods COMMING SOON: 1 le aluminum drive shaft port and polished heads with 3 angle valve job (in the mail) cam and all the goodies)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X