What is this wire thing????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is this wire thing????

What is this wire thing that plugs into the piece of ducting running from the air box to the air silencer???
    Red 1998 Camaro 3.8<br />K&N and Home Depot<br />2 12\" JL W3v2 Subwoofers<br />-more audio stuff to come-

IAT sensor.

Cp

Comment

thats what i thought but wasn't sure....thanks

how important is that thing?
      Red 1998 Camaro 3.8<br />K&N and Home Depot<br />2 12\" JL W3v2 Subwoofers<br />-more audio stuff to come-

Comment

important ;)
        -Chris<br />2001 Pewter Camaro M5<br />Current Mods: NOS Dry Kit and a few others<br />N/A: 15.5@88.9MPH<br />N2O: ??? <br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/jtusa69888\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/jtusa69888</a>

Comment

We'll i wonder if i broke mine. Whats it do? we drilled a hole to stick it into my air box (me and max) and now when i run my engine hard it gets a little bit hotter. We also removed the air silencer.
          Red 98 A4 Firebird<br />..its pretty..<br />- - - - - - - - - <br />6 Infinity 3-way speakers with Alpine deck and 720 watt Kenwood amp..

Comment

yeah that was wierd

Comment

you engine gets hotter cause your running it harder ;)
              2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

We ran it even harder yesterday and it barely raised, this is the first time ive seen it go over the 210 mark.
                Red 98 A4 Firebird<br />..its pretty..<br />- - - - - - - - - <br />6 Infinity 3-way speakers with Alpine deck and 720 watt Kenwood amp..

Comment

have you even checked your coolant? i would see how its doing.

Comment

That sensor doesn't have anything to do with your cooling system (well, it is part of how the fans decide when to turn on the 2nd stage, but that's minor). It does however help control your timing advance.
                    <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a> THE SOURCE!

Comment

No i havent... i'll do that though. But why would one day make a diff. I put the thing back to stock now except its got a new airfilter so i think things will be better.

Comment

well, if its just one day, you were just running your car to hard on that specific day. was it a hot day?

Comment

yah it was hot both days. Not as hot today though. It'll probably be better now.

Comment

dont worry about it.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X