Is that the IAC at the bottom of the TB? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is that the IAC at the bottom of the TB?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is that the IAC at the bottom of the TB?

Where is the IAC on a 99??? The black square thing to the passenger side of the TB is the TPS right? What is the black thing on the driver's side of tht TB? looks like a cylinder shape.

Thx [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ August 03, 2004, 09:01 PM: Message edited by: F1GT ]
    1999 Pewter Camaro M5<br />Y87 Performance Package, Sport Appearance Package, Diamond Clears<br />Factory SS Hood, Free Ram Air Mod, Whisper Lid w/ K&N Air Filter<br />CarSound Cat 94009, B&B Tri-Flo w/ Quad Tips<br />BMR SFC, BMR STB, KVR Blank Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads<br />Black Painted Calipers w/ CAMARO Decal, 245/50 Dunlop SP Sport 5000<br />20% Rear 35% Side Tint, Red Reflective Inlays, Invincishield<br /><b>Young girls avert their eyes, weak men tremble, Ford dealers faint.</b>

Well, the white one going into the manifold looks like a coolant sensor. I see a hole around the 7 oclock position in front of the throttle plate and you can see the bulge on the outside on the passenger side of the TB, is this routed from the PCV to bring back in to get burned???

On the 98 the IAC is on the top passenger side. on mine, I dont quite see it. Anyone? so quiet here [img]redface.gif[/img]
    1999 Pewter Camaro M5<br />Y87 Performance Package, Sport Appearance Package, Diamond Clears<br />Factory SS Hood, Free Ram Air Mod, Whisper Lid w/ K&N Air Filter<br />CarSound Cat 94009, B&B Tri-Flo w/ Quad Tips<br />BMR SFC, BMR STB, KVR Blank Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads<br />Black Painted Calipers w/ CAMARO Decal, 245/50 Dunlop SP Sport 5000<br />20% Rear 35% Side Tint, Red Reflective Inlays, Invincishield<br /><b>Young girls avert their eyes, weak men tremble, Ford dealers faint.</b>

Comment

the black thing on the driver side that has a flexible metal hose going into the TB is your EGR unit. see how it goes from the manifold to it with a wire going into it to the TB. thats it. IAC, not sure, i'll look it up in my manual tomorrow
      2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

IAC should be on teh left side, in about the middle of the TB, boxy unit lookin thing

Comment

Does the electronic throttles even have an IAC?? I heard from the "other" board that it just "electronically" opens up a tad.

Comment

Well, I cleaned out the frt side of the plates and the housing forward of the plates. Can't really reach that far back unless I remove it. Car is smoother and is more willing to accelerate now. It sounds smoother too [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by BLLDOGG:
              the black thing on the driver side that has a flexible metal hose going into the TB is your EGR unit. see how it goes from the manifold to it with a wire going into it to the TB. thats it. IAC, not sure, i'll look it up in my manual tomorrow
              yea, I know that's the EGR, but there is a 3rd fuel line that goes into a black cylinder thing which then goes into the ~2 oclock position of the TB if you standing in frt of the car. I think that might be the Vapor storage canister line,.,.,.gotta be

Comment

after looking at my throttle position with autotap i am pretty sure the drive-by-wire throttlebody does not have a IAC motor. the computer just moves the throttle plate. at idle i see the plate open to about 4.5-5%.

if you look closely i believe you can spot a blockoff plug where the IAC should be.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X