quiet performance muffler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quiet performance muffler

does any one know who makes the quietest muffler for a 3.8? Im looking for one with a low key sound and high performance any suggestions?
    White 1998 Firebird M5, Suncoast WS6 hood, Chrome 18\" C5\'s, beaver tail wing, 2 15\" Kicker Comp VR\'s, ect.

Hey, I know that dynomax's super turbo muffler is quiet at idle. But it livens up at higher rpms (a deep, mellow tone).

That is about the best you can do for quiet & performance that I know of.

Or... if you don't street race, you could keep the stock muffler or get whatever muffler you like & run a cut out at the track.
    2001 75th Anniversary V6 Pewter Firebird w/ Chrome Wheels, T-Tops, & Y87<br />Mods: Free Ram Air, !Silencer, Holley Filter, Full 3\" Hooker Catback, 3\" Cat<br />Best time: 15.095 at 90.00 MPH with a 2.127 60\'

Comment

I've had a dynomax super turbo muffler for a few years now.

pretty mellow, and good tone. I would recommend one for someone thats not looking for a lot of volume.
      1996 Arctic White Camaro RS with optional Y87 V6 Performance Package<br />2002 Sebring Silver Camaro SS with optional 345 HP Package

Comment

One word: Dynomax!

Comment

Buy the W68 takeoff from SLP, its dual outlet and isn't a terrible muffler (unlike what people may think). Its *very* quiet but is rumbly [img]smile.gif[/img] Pretty inexpensive and does the job!
          2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
          Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

Dynomax super turbo, very nice sound not too loud at all, but nice deep tone
            1997 Firebird Convertable White, with custom Purple pin striping and custom Purple detailing!!!<br />Y87 Performance Package W68 Apperance Package<br />Boydes, aluminum rims 16\" BMR STB <br />SLP Cold Air Intake 3\"hiflow cat 3\" dynomax custom catback, 2.5\" Flowmaster 80. Slp Take off Shocks, Springs And Struts. Transgo shift kit with corvette servo!<br />Sony Explode CD Player Kicker Comp VR 12, and Explode 760Watt amp!!!<br />5% Tint on the side windows, Correction officially 2% on the side windows, or at least that is what the highpo said and 15% on my rear window<br />Yup Purdy Car!!

Comment

I'm told that Walker/Dynomax has a muffler called the QuietFlow, that improves performance but is actually quieter than stock. Never tried it or actually listened to one, so I can't say how true this is, but you might call a few muffler shops and ask for more info about this one.

Rik

Comment

Triflow is quiet until you hammer it, then it sounds pissed off.

Comment

dynomax [img]smile.gif[/img] 2.5" in / 3.0" dual out i love it

also, just get the trans am tail spoouts, they mount PERFECTLY on my 95 firebird..

dave
                  03 Subaru WRB WRX<br />Clear parking lights<br />Autometer Phantom Boost guage

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X