Moroso vs. K&N FIPK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moroso vs. K&N FIPK

Which is better? I'm looking through my summit catalog right now, and I see that the moroso kit is about 7 bucks cheaper, but i didn't know which one would give me better performance.
    \'95 Med. Quasar Blue Camaro 3.4 A4<br />Bunch o\' mods<br /><b>10.18 @ 67.60 mph 2.22 60 ft (1/8 mile)</b> <br /><br />-1986 Camaro with a carbed 350<br /><b>8.53 @ 81.45mph 1.8 60\'</b><br />AIM CamaroL32

i think K&N is better, i don't currently have one but i know two people that have them and they say they gained like 15 hp from it. RKsport.com says it gives u like 19 hp, but i knwo they exagurate
    2005 Chevrolet Corvette C6 <br />M6, Magnaflow\'s 14336<br /><a href=\"http://community.webshots.com/user/v6purplebird\" target=\"_blank\">C6 Pics</a><br /><br />Old car:<br />1996 Firebird A4<br />SLP Cold Air Intake<br />Magnaflow Catback Exhaust<br />Magnaflow Catalytic Converter<br /><br />George Mason University<br />CEIE Major<br />Pi Kappa Alpha<br /><br /><a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/nsolano\" target=\"_blank\">Firebird Pics </a>

Comment

15hp is an exaggeration too......you might see 8-9.....They both use K&N Filters so it doesn't really matter which one. They are both the same. Look at the tubing. There's nothing different...? Anyone say Im wrong? This is something I've wondered too. Who cares about the name if it gets you the same results?

Comment

The design is quite similar, and they both use K&N filters (although the K&N FIPK filter is a little larger). I had the FIPK on my '94 3.4L, and a good friend of mine had the Moroso unit. In some ways I like the Moroso piece better, but I went with the K&N at the time I was buying. I personally don't think either of the 2 have much to offer over the other, so it's pretty much personal preference on which one to buy.
        2001 Onyx Black Camaro M5-Totalled<br />2005 Ford F150 XLT 5.4L<br /><br />\"To make peace, prepare for war.\"

Comment

is there a kit designed for the morosso one to hook up to a v6 or are you going to make your own plumbing?

Comment

[QUOTE] is there a kit designed for the morosso one to hook up to a v6 or are you going to make your own plumbing? [QUOTE]

The moroso one is a kit just like the K&N FIPK
            \'95 Med. Quasar Blue Camaro 3.4 A4<br />Bunch o\' mods<br /><b>10.18 @ 67.60 mph 2.22 60 ft (1/8 mile)</b> <br /><br />-1986 Camaro with a carbed 350<br /><b>8.53 @ 81.45mph 1.8 60\'</b><br />AIM CamaroL32

Comment

I have the Moroso kit and I am very happy with mine. I bought mine on auction slightly used and had to us some piping and a metal clamp to connect the air duct to the throttle intake. Still who cares as long as it does the job.
              R.I.P. 1995 3.4L Firebird<br />2000 Acura Integra GS-R<br /><a href=\"http://www.geocities.com/superfighter3581/myfirebird.html\" target=\"_blank\">Check out my site: Updated! as of 7/03/02</a>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by CamaroL32:
                [QUOTE] is there a kit designed for the morosso one to hook up to a v6 or are you going to make your own plumbing? [QUOTE]

The moroso one is a kit just like the K&N FIPK
                <hr></blockquote>

wake up dude, the moroso is not a V6 KIT like the K&N fipk available for v6 from rksport. SO I asked are you going to make your own "KIT" plumbing to make it work.

These are not kits they are intake systems. You have to either use the kit from rksport for the K&N model or you have to make your own. I guess you missed the point.

Comment

hey man lay off, he was just asking a question. ever since i have joined this site You are to only one who i have sceen be so ****ing mean to people he just wants to know what is better. he does not need to be reamed a new ***hole. man just relax we are all here because of the love for our cars. not to be in a pissing match all of the time.
                  1995 trans am

Comment

im not reaming him a new one i was explaining to him the obvious. If he does not understand that what he is looking at in the magazine is not designed out of the box with everything you need to fit it to his car then he does now.

Im not trying to be mean im just straight forward and tired of so much [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img] and mis information and how all these highschool boys think they can come up with new theories about things just because they dont understand how things work.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X