need help with pacesetter header leaks - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

need help with pacesetter header leaks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help with pacesetter header leaks

Does anyone out there know how to stop the leaks from header flanges on y pipe on pacesetter headers,its killing me!PLease help.

just follow my post. i'll figure it out ;) im going to try out my gasket idea and we'll see if it works :rolleyes:
    2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Thanks,blldogg i hope we can figure out a way.

Comment

i took some old lug nuts and put them in there this let me get it REALLY tight and i dont have any leaks
        www.turbov6camaro.com
        1997 3800 Series II Camaro
        4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
        7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
        11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

i had to get new bolts cause i ran out of thread, so i got new nuts and washers too. i tightened them as much as possible until the things started to bend. i still need to get around to making the gasket. sitting around wont fix the problem [img]graemlins/twak.gif[/img]

Comment

I made my own gaskets out of Mr. gasket paper I got at autozone.

I had a problem with my collectors leaking. I tightened them really tight and tacked the nuts on with a welder.
            1999 red camaro v6 M5: with a turbo<br />13.52@107.99<br />No, seriously: Who Farted? <br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/600086\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/600086</a>

Comment

thats what im going to use, mr. gasket from autozone. :D its sitting in the back seat of my car right now until i get off my butt and do something about my problem ;)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X