gurgle from air box/intake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gurgle from air box/intake

All right, I did a search on this and found nothing. Just recentley I have noticed a gurgle from my air intake. My car is running fine, but it is just kind of eerie and unsettling hearing this. My air filter appears to be clean, any one have to deal with this before, advice?
    231 (3.8L to those of you who don\'t like cubic inches) Silver Camaro<br />80 series flowmaster<br />k&n air filter<p>\"if it is good enough for the general, then it is good enough for me\"

have you done anything to the intake? i mean besides the k&n. if not, it might be a leak. usually when you remove the air silencers the intake will gurgle more, that's what the silencers are silencing. if there is a leak behind the silencer, it might make a gurgling sound. i could be way off, i'd know better if i actually heard the sound.
    you can\'t get off if you don\'t get on

Comment

I'm pretty sure thats what it is. I know for the stock air box I had, the clamps chipped off an inch of the box...gurgle got louder with K&N filter...

Comment

mine does it when its cold...but when it warms up it goes away
        <b>Black</b> 1998 Pontiac <i>Firebird</i> A-4 swap<br />271.4rwhp/259.4rwtq NA<br />13.30@102.44 <br /><a href=\"http://www.freewebs.com/wickedsix98\" target=\"_blank\">www.freewebs.com/wickedsix98</a>

Comment

Mine "gurggles" it got a LOT louder after the intake. Nothing to worry about. Mostly when its cold like others said.
          <b>Matt</b><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=377225&page=1\" target=\"_blank\">\'96 Camaro Z28 M6</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=377225&page=3\" target=\"_blank\">\'96 Camaro M5</a>

Comment

Probably nothing really to worry about. I've got an SLP Ultra Z Hood and Airbox and mine does that a lot and it is on purpose and by design. It's the sound of the air being sucked through the airbox and into the throttle body. I think it's kind of cool actually. May want to make sure everything is secure, and just see if it happens more when the air is colder. If so, then it means you probably have a very clean intake and hence a better flowing engine. Car should run better as a result.

Comment

Thanks for the help. The weather lately has been a little colder here. I checked everything out, My air box is clean, and there are no leaks anywhere in the intake system. So it is all good.
              231 (3.8L to those of you who don\'t like cubic inches) Silver Camaro<br />80 series flowmaster<br />k&n air filter<p>\"if it is good enough for the general, then it is good enough for me\"

Comment

Mine really gurgles when it is cold- not as noticable when it was stock, but with the whisper lid installed it can get really loud-

cheers

Golden
                1998 Sport Gold Metallic Camaro 3.8

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X