SLP cold air kit help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SLP cold air kit help

i just installed my kit. while i was installing it, one of my filters fell off. i went in from the bottom to re intall the filter. my question is; can i just leave this plastic shroud off? would it help getting more air? or should i just leave it alone??
    96 3.8 red camaro. <br />headers,cam,valve springs,retainers,auburn lsd,3.73 gears,SLP cold air,accel coils,24lb injectors,8mm plug wires,air temp module,LT1 diveshaft,removed a/c,edelbrock torque arm,spohn LCA\'s and PHR

I personaly would leave it on but I remember reading something a while back about using the cold air intake system from SLP. What the person did was take some sheetmetal and make a scoop type thing and cut out a hole in the shroud thing and screw it on there. Altho I think that a lil extream but it does make since with what he did.

Comment

I made a scoop on mine also, That was short lived tho, it was ripped off. I don't think I ever did put the plastic peice back, you will be fine.
      2005 Cavalier LS Sport M5<br /> <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/firefighter8615\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/firefighter8615</a>

Comment

You'll be fine but your filters will get dirtier faster. Just clean it more often and you'll be good to go.
        \'97 Camaro 3.8L

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Vladimir Gecko
          Low Voltage
          by Vladimir Gecko
          I recently ran into a problem where when I drove my battery gauge showed low voltage. I compulsively replaced the battery and it was still doing the same...
          5 hours ago
        • LETZRIDE
          New Owner!
          by LETZRIDE
          I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
          6 days ago
        • ssms5411
          Little work today
          by ssms5411
          Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
          3 weeks ago
        • LETZRIDE
          Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
          by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
          Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
          By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
          Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
          02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X