Anybody else question whether or not the 98+ CAI is worth the $$$? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody else question whether or not the 98+ CAI is worth the $$$?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody else question whether or not the 98+ CAI is worth the $$$?

Even when I installed it, I didn't think I felt a difference, and now that I'm cleaning my K&N after only 3500 miles of use, I'm really wondering if the CAI (mine is SLP) is really worth it.

Anyone else agree/disagree?

Maybe on a V8....
    2002 Camaro SS 6 Spd<br />Sebring Silver Metallic<br />Still breaking it in<p>Traded in - 2002 V6 5 Spd Camaro.<p>\"I\'ll never trust squirrels again.\"

oh ya, it helps, if your going to do some mods to your car, you've got to start with the in/out upgrades; but jeez it's not worth the money; shoulda tried to make something yourself, you'd be suprised what you could do with pvc or even cheap piping...
    2000 NBM M6 Camaro Z28<br />323/335

Comment

I said 98+ =-)

THanks Though
      2002 Camaro SS 6 Spd<br />Sebring Silver Metallic<br />Still breaking it in<p>Traded in - 2002 V6 5 Spd Camaro.<p>\"I\'ll never trust squirrels again.\"

Comment

no, i know you said 98+, but i'm sure you'd be able to make SOMETHING just like what slp offers, just not like mine. and i don't think you are going to see a big performance diff between a 97 CAI and a 98 CAI, regardless of where the TB sits on each--it's still the same engine on both cars and the CAI does the same for each--it just depends on the length of the piping and how direct it is to you TB. but whatever, it's your money and my 2 cents worth; i'll let you do what you want--remember, you just asked if you thought it was worth the money, i was just giving you my idea...
        2000 NBM M6 Camaro Z28<br />323/335

Comment

I bought mine used for $100 so mine was well worth the money. I then got the FTRA for the same price. The FTRA, taking the cat off and swaping to a 3" I pipe gave me .3 gain in the quarter over the free ram air. What is that, 20-40hp to gain that much? Maybe more?

As far as the Lid alone giving you much of a gain, it does have to go along with an opened up exhaust to get the air out. As far as the lid being much over what you can do yourself with the free ram air mod and taking the silencer off, all depends on how much you paid for your lid. Take your car to a track or dyno and see how it does, don't let your butt do the measuring.

[ June 16, 2002: Message edited by: Ttop34 ]</p>
          1997 Nassau Blue Vette<br />1989 Jeep Cherokee 4x4 (lifted with 31\" tires)<br />2000 V6 Camaro, loud, cammed 210rwhp *SOLD*

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X