Magna Flow System?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magna Flow System?

Is a 3" Magna-Flow catback system on a 97 3.8 Bird a good idea? Do they flow/sound/HP good???
    ******Nick******<br />1997 Pontiac Firebird Coupe<br />Automatic/T-Topped<br />3800 Series II V6

The flow is going to be great, better than the flowmasters chambered setup. As for sound, it sounds a little ricey at the shop and about a week or two later it sounds really good. Once all the crap gets hot, then it sounds really nice. If anyone tells you that the magnaflow sounds ricey its because they heard it before it broke in. But I would have to agree that flowmasters sound more v8ish, but to me they sound hollow and tinney.
    1997 Chevrolet Camaro v6 - 13.8@104MPH
    1997 Dodge Viper GTS

Comment

man, i've got a magnaflow and it's awesome. personally, it's a lot better than a flowmaster; the sound is pretty rich and isn't ricey whatsoever. if you get a flow, you'll get really annoyed with the noise going down the road cause it isn't a very smooth noise; the magnaflow is very smooth. i think the only kind you can get is single out though...but i'd personally rather pay $120 to get the magnaflow installed and have a single out and go just as fast as my friend who paid $350 for an eldebrock plus installation; i think the only thing he paid $350 was the dual exhaust, cause it doesn't sound much different--ripoff to me, but it's whatever you want.
      2000 NBM M6 Camaro Z28<br />323/335

Comment

I've never personally heard Magnaflow but in regards to the comment of the Flowmasters sounding V8ish. I tend to disagree on this. At the low end almost all the exhaust sound like a V8, but when you get in the higher RPMs in starts to sound like a disel engine w/flowmasters IMO.

Comment

Just FYI - I believe Magnaflow now has a 2.5" system out for the 3.8s.
          -James<br /><br />\'96 3.8L A4 Camaro (SOLD)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X