Anyone fabricated their exhaust system themself? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone fabricated their exhaust system themself?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone fabricated their exhaust system themself?

Heres the deal:

My exhaust will be going to a 3 inch catco highflow cat from the 2.5 Y pipe. I cannot find anywhere around here that will sell/make me one of these adapters that is big enough. Local muffler shops want to just put the whole system on themselves... for $200+. What a joke. Anyway, I went to pep boys and bought a 18 inch piece of 2.5 inch pipe and I am going to cut/weld it until it will fit. Anyone done anything liek this?

[ February 13, 2002: Message edited by: Original 4th Gen V6 ]</p>
    1993 3.4 <br />Borla rear section<br />3 inch Catco High Flow Cat<br />2.75 inch I pipe (Picked one up from an LT-1 guy for a whole $10)<br />K&N Fipk <br />180° T-stat<br />Jet Stage II<br />10 Spoke Z28 Wheels<br />NGK\'s, Taylor Spiros<br />Mobil 1 synthetic<p>Email Viper2@chesnet.net for 4th gen replacement parts.

I was at a local shop hanging out with some friends that work there and i saw them build a full 3" mandrel bent exhaust for a Nomad. If you wanted to do something like that, jeg's and other places sell mandrel bent sections of pipe, just fill in the rest with regular pipe. If you know how to weld, go for it!
    <b>Matt</b><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=377225&page=1\" target=\"_blank\">\'96 Camaro Z28 M6</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=377225&page=3\" target=\"_blank\">\'96 Camaro M5</a>

Comment

The outlet from the engine to the cat is 3", so that shouldn't be a prob. As for the outlet of the cat, ur gonna need an adapter to fit onto the I-pipe.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X