1999 Camaro MAF Screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1999 Camaro MAF Screen

Ok. I did a search about the MAF Screen removal and I got mixed opinions. But then I got to a post by Mangus who said that 99+ V6s have something different. Whats the deal with 99+ camaros and the MAF screen? Should we leave it on or off?

If I should put mine back on where besides the dealer would I be able to get one? I threw mine away a long time ago.

Ryan
    Whisper Lid, SLP CAI, KN Filter, 3\" HiFlo Carsound Cat, full 3\" mandrel-bent piping, Flowmaster 80s, Casper O2 Sim, BM Tranny Cooler, Vigilante 3300 Torque Converter, Corvette Servo, 3.42 gears, SLP take-off LSD, Manual Fan Switch, & 160 Thermostat.

i took mine off. =)

Comment

don't bother taking it off. It'll mess up your cars readings on airflow. Instead, get a low-restriction maf thats supposed to run without a screen. Try one from Nos w/ jets built into the housing(so later you can run Nos if you want).
      2001 Arctic White Firebird<br />T-Tops, 3.42 rear gear stock<br />Mods:K&N Air Filter,Whisper Air Induction Lid, maf screen removed, raised air box, Kumho Ecsta 712 255-50-ZR16 tires, BMR stb<br />Mods not installed yet: FTRA, SLP Lsd/Differential cover<br />Near Future Mods: HPP3, GMMG 3\" Exhaust , 1LE Swaybars, Transgo Shift Kit, MSD-DIS-4 w/ Accel Coil-Packs, Turquoise Blue Neon Underbody Kit, BMR Adj. LCA\'s, G2 Sfc\'s & V-braces, Pacesetter headers

Comment

Its a worthless mod, I removed mine and got worse times in the 1/8.

Upon replacing it, my 1/8 times went back to normal...

Im leaving mine on :D
        2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
        Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

where can I get a new MAF screen?
          Whisper Lid, SLP CAI, KN Filter, 3\" HiFlo Carsound Cat, full 3\" mandrel-bent piping, Flowmaster 80s, Casper O2 Sim, BM Tranny Cooler, Vigilante 3300 Torque Converter, Corvette Servo, 3.42 gears, SLP take-off LSD, Manual Fan Switch, & 160 Thermostat.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr> where can I get a new MAF screen? <hr></blockquote>

you might wanna try a junk yard to get one or just talk to the parts dept. at your local dealer.
            Project: _*_*_*Knight Ryder*_*_*_<p>2000 Black chevy camaro<br />3.8L v6, AT, t-tops<br />borla adj. catback, gutted cat converter w/O2 sim, whisper intake lid, K&N filter, SLP ram air kit, 160 thermo, JET stage 2 chip, eibach pro kit springs, 1LE aluminum driveshaft, custom red and black interior<br />14.95 seconds at 90mph in the 1/4 <br />So much Rice...So little time :D:D:D<p><a href=\"http://www.geocities.com\\camarokidd10\" target=\"_blank\">www.geocities.com\\camarokidd10</a>

Comment

argh! not the maf screen again!!!!

:rolleyes:

you may be able to find one at junkyard, but i doubt they'd let you just get the screen. most likely you'd have to get the whole unit. dealer is probably your best bet for screen alone. although you may find a salvage yard that would let you remove the screen from one.... also talk to techs at dealership. when they get a bad maf all they do (if not warranty) is throw the old part away... see if they'll save a screen for you.
              ASE Master, L1, X1, C1. Instructor in automotive systems. 99 3800 4L60E with a few mods and a greatful dead sticker on the back window.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X