LS1 MAF.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LS1 MAF.......

Has anybody ever checked to see if the voltages that the L36 (3.8) MAF and LS1 MAF are the same or different? I'm wondering if we could use the LS1 MAF (it'd have to be mounted in front of the TB), and remove the stock MAF, because the LS1 MAF just has a little rod and a couple of wires, not the big chip that ours have (better airflow). The main question would be if they airflow voltage signals are the same or different.
    Wife and a dog, they both think they\'re Kujo.<br /> <br />1999 3.8 A4 Y87<br />Navy Blue Metallic<br />BFG G-Force KDWS 275/40/17s, <br />WS6 Wheels (17x9)<br />Phoenix Transmissions 2400 Stall Converter<br />FRA, Holley Powershot filter, Whisper Lid, Ported Throttlebody<br />2000 manifolds, Flowmaster, WS6 Tail Pipes, <br />MSD 8.5mm Wires, MSD Coils, Autolite plugs<br />Performance Cryogenics treated rotors<br />1LE Sway Bars and panhard rod, 1LE front springs w/SLP Bilsteins, stock rear springs w/ 3rd Gen Bilsteins, BMR STB, KBDD SFCs, 1LE rear lower control arms, 1LE front lower control arms<p>1968 Chevelle Malibu 327 TH350

no they aren't swappable, the 3.8s have a MAF/TB in one the LS1s have a TB and MAF as 2 seperate peices
    1998 Arctic White 3800 V6 :mods: Whisper lid with K&N, SLP Cold Air induction kit, 50hp shot of NOS, KVR Front Brake Rotor blanks and KVR Carbon Fibre Metallic Pads (set of 4), BMR Strut Tower Brace, BMR Adjustable Panhard Rod, BMR Control Arm Relocation Brackets, BMR Control Arms, BMR Sway Bars, B&M ripper shifter, Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch, H&R lowering springs, and Flowmaster exhaust: MORE MODS AND WEBPAGE SOON!!!

Comment

www.ZZPerformance.com is coming out w/ a kit that allows us to use the LS1 Throttle body and maf. They are still working on it, but they say it's close to being finished. It will be good as a last resort mod, after you put on heads/cam, hot rockers, and ATI sc kit. The stock tb/maf is 6.5 cm. in diameter. this flows more than enough air into the engine to support all basic bolt-on's as well as heads/cam and hot rockers. Since Batman is still alpha testing the ATI kit, I cannot say if you will need a bigger tb/maf after that is thrown on one of our engines. The only thing i could see anyone getting out of this on a stock or bolt-on modded car is maybe better throttle response.
      2001 Arctic White Firebird<br />More mods than I\'m allowed to list!

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Guardsman:
        Has anybody ever checked to see if the voltages that the L36 (3.8) MAF and LS1 MAF are the same or different? I'm wondering if we could use the LS1 MAF (it'd have to be mounted in front of the TB), and remove the stock MAF, because the LS1 MAF just has a little rod and a couple of wires, not the big chip that ours have (better airflow). The main question would be if they airflow voltage signals are the same or different.<hr></blockquote>

Guardsman - do you wonder if people get the real question... I would run this one past Magnus, from some posts a little while back, he sounded pretty knowledgeable about MAF specifics, frequency vs voltage, and exponential vs linear. He may know if the ranges are different.

If you are thinking of just taking out the MAF sensor, and leaving the existing TB, you will still have that big post in the middle of the TB, so I don't think you'll see any air flow gain unless you port the TB. The existing MAF sensor is fully enclosed in the post except for the 2 wires, so the sensor being in or out doesn't really affect the airflow through the TB.
        \'98 A4 Camaro v6-&gt;v8 conversion, and STS kit next<br />v6: 13.6 Powerdyne, 13.2 150 shot, 13.8 120 shot, 14.3 85 shot, 15.7 stock<br />v8(na): 12.18@113, 392rwhp<br />Moderator on <a href=\"http://www.mtfba.org\" target=\"_blank\">www.mtfba.org</a> and <a href=\"http://www.frrax.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.frrax.com</a> (Road Race & Autocross)<br /><a href=\"http://community.webshots.com/user/johnduncan10\" target=\"_blank\">Car pics</a>, <a href=\"http://www.trscca.com\" target=\"_blank\">TN Region SCCA</a>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Arctc Wolf:
          www.ZZPerformance.com is coming out w/ a kit that allows us to use the LS1 Throttle body and maf. They are still working on it, but they say it's close to being finished. It will be good as a last resort mod, after you put on heads/cam, hot rockers, and ATI sc kit. The stock tb/maf is 6.5 cm. in diameter. this flows more than enough air into the engine to support all basic bolt-on's as well as heads/cam and hot rockers. Since Batman is still alpha testing the ATI kit, I cannot say if you will need a bigger tb/maf after that is thrown on one of our engines. The only thing i could see anyone getting out of this on a stock or bolt-on modded car is maybe better throttle response.<hr></blockquote>

Patrick.... you say some of the damndest wierdest things that ..

oh well.
          2002 Camaro SS 6 Spd<br />Sebring Silver Metallic<br />Still breaking it in<p>Traded in - 2002 V6 5 Spd Camaro.<p>\"I\'ll never trust squirrels again.\"

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Arctc Wolf:
            www.ZZPerformance.com is coming out w/ a kit that allows us to use the LS1 Throttle body and maf. They are still working on it, but they say it's close to being finished. It will be good as a last resort mod, after you put on heads/cam, hot rockers, and ATI sc kit. The stock tb/maf is 6.5 cm. in diameter. this flows more than enough air into the engine to support all basic bolt-on's as well as heads/cam and hot rockers. Since Batman is still alpha testing the ATI kit, I cannot say if you will need a bigger tb/maf after that is thrown on one of our engines. The only thing i could see anyone getting out of this on a stock or bolt-on modded car is maybe better throttle response.<hr></blockquote>
            the only problem there is, at least with the 99+, you get a electronic control throttle system, ,whereas the LS1 TB and i believe the GP TB's are cable control. there would be a lot more required tinkering, it's just not worth it. not to mention our intake manifold is only XX mm around, and our TB is giant as it is, bigger would result in loss of airflow velocity, thus loss in power
            2011 Camaro LS 6M, in black.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X