Intake Mod!! Help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intake Mod!! Help!!

I have been outside trying to figure out how to make a custom air intake for my 96 v6 camaro... Everything I come up with i come up on a problem with making it work!! It's making me very mad! I always make up my own mods but I'm stuck here. Anything will help!

It was a B@#$^ for me to get my RAM air installed onto my original filter box, but my patience helped me out at the end....What I did was bought a laundry or dryer flexible white hose from my local Home depot and ran it all the way until it hit the "boobitrapped"(it is hard to play around there) drivers side fender. I then brought it all the way down, where the bottom of the bumper is. Made a hole with a drill and I also bought me a scoop and connected the hose to it. I noticed a BIG difference after I installed. GOOD LUCK...
    97 3.8L Cayenne red(Dupont paint) ****Firebird****<p>Home made Ram Air + KN Air Filter<br />removed MAF screen<br />4.7K ohm in place of MAF sensor <br /> (Timing advance)<br />180* thermostat<br />Flowmaster + dual chrome tips<br />3.42 gears<br />LSD<br />Y87 Package<br />Warbird hood<br />customized TA spoiler on <br /> stock firebird spoiler<br />Wings West Front Air Dam<br />Pro AM side skirts <br />17\" gtp double 5 star polished <br /> wheels<br />Painted Calipers<br />5% tint all around<br />Taillight blackouts<br />10 Disc Sony CD changer<p>Getting 18\" Crager 980 series chrome rims<p>F Bodies hit the roof, and let the<br />rustangs(bodies) hit the floor!!!!<p><a href=\"http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/leera2k1/lst?.dir=/Yahoo!+Photo+Album\" target=\"_blank\">http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/leera2k1/lst?.dir=/Yahoo!+Photo+Album</a>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by horzaj:
      I have been outside trying to figure out how to make a custom air intake for my 96 v6 camaro... Everything I come up with i come up on a problem with making it work!! It's making me very mad! I always make up my own mods but I'm stuck here. Anything will help!<hr></blockquote>

I see you are in Lubbock, I am in Abilene, if you get down this way in the next week or two, I'll show you mine. It is simple and easy. I used 2 sanitary Elbows from Lowes and some 3" S&D drain pipe which has a 3-1/2" O.D. The large sanitary el's are a standard plumbing item and have long sweeping curves. 2 of these elbows and some pipe and a 3-1/2" K&N conical filter is all you need. I am still waiting on the filter, but have temporarily attached it to the stock airbox with a K&N and the silencer removed. It definately gives a good seat of the pants feel and flows a good amount of air. Let me know if you want to check it out.
      97 Silver Bird<br />3.8 M5 Bone Stock Engine<br />15.528 @ 88.96 bone stock<br /><a href=\"http://www.fbodyenhancements.com/\" target=\"_blank\">www.fbodyenhancements.com/</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X