2000 cold air intake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 cold air intake

Hey I was just wondering if any of you guys with a 98+ camaro were running a cold air intake, and what type. I am having a little trouble finding a cold air intake for my 00 3.8
    2000 Camaro M5. Nitrous express wet shot. Flowmaster cat back. K&N 63-1084 intake.

well you have some options, you can do the cheap homemade mods to you lid and baffle or get a whisper lid. From there you can buy a fast toys ram air or an slp ram air under car scoop. all of this will add up to a little extra hp but not much. it will really help out later when you put more mods on your car like exhaust, cam, heads, whatever. also if you have a 98 you will need to buy a special whisper lid because the 98 has a angled tb.
    2001 Arctic White Firebird With Black Drop Top<br /><br />3:42 Gears<br />Zexel LSD<br />BMR upper A-Arms<br />Trans Am exhaust with 3\" I-pipe and cutout<br />Modified intake<br />Mecham Hood<br />Trans Go shift kit<br />Making rear control arms and panhard

Comment

this is a link to my 'getting closed to finished' project car website. the page covers free air intake modes as well as options for aftermarket add-ons for intake such as cold air and ram air.
      Even just the free mods will give better throttle response...you won't to mash the throttle just to feel pep.
      http://home.comcast.net/~grayman99/Air-intake.htm
      01 Firebird A4 3.42
      Powerdyne @ 6 PSI
      and other mods
      Visit Project Unleashed for guides and info.

Comment

yeah, i did the fra mod and honestly i think its a toss up as to it being better or not. It helps get more airflow to the airbox but the air is also hot because it runs by the radiator so its up to you. the baffle deleat and cutting the fins out from in the lid helps a lot though. good luck.
        2001 Arctic White Firebird With Black Drop Top<br /><br />3:42 Gears<br />Zexel LSD<br />BMR upper A-Arms<br />Trans Am exhaust with 3\" I-pipe and cutout<br />Modified intake<br />Mecham Hood<br />Trans Go shift kit<br />Making rear control arms and panhard

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
          New Owner!
          by LETZRIDE
          I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
          4 days ago
        • ssms5411
          Little work today
          by ssms5411
          Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
          2 weeks ago
        • LETZRIDE
          Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
          by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
          Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
          By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
          Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
          02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X