3" Exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3" Exhaust

I know some people are running 3" exhausts, but im curious how its set up. Off the headers, its only 2.5", so do u guys just put a 2.5" to 3" piece after the header or do u guys weld in a new Y-pipe end?
    92 S10 2.5<br />3800 Swap under construction!<br />New SN: RedFrk13

You hit the nail on the head, just weld in place behind the Y pipe a 2.5 to 3 in adapter and into the I pipe (or 3' cat) Since you're doing a swap on an S10, might as well put on a high performance cat.
    Just courious, why a 3.8 and not say somethin like the 5.7 that has become a popular (and well noted) swap?
    1997 Camaro. Lingenfelter Super Tube CAI. Flowmaster 80 series w/ dual out.

Comment

It goes headers- y pipe-cat converter or off road pipe- i pipe- over axle pipe into muffler

Comment

dont forget the s-pipe, thats the pipe that connects the cat to the i-pipe
        1996 Camaro 3.8L A4<br />*RK Sport Headers, RT High Flow Cat, B&B Tri-Flo Catback w/Quad Tips<br />*17\" Camaro SS Rims w/Firestone Firehawk SZ50 EP (275/40/17 Front, 285/40/17 Rear)<br />*SLP Speedometer Recalibrator<br />*American Sports Car SS Style Hood, Painted Green Disc Calipers and Drum Shells<br />*Charcoal Leather Interior

Comment

Thanks for the help!

I just got my engine today for my swap. It looks good, i just hope i can make it fit. Its going to need custom motor mounts. I am planning on cutting it right after the Y-pipe and putting a 3" cat on it.

The reason why i am not swapping a 350 is that i will only settle for fuel injection and i cant afford a LT1 or LS1. I am just a poor college student with limited funds.
          92 S10 2.5<br />3800 Swap under construction!<br />New SN: RedFrk13

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X