How loud is a cutout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How loud is a cutout

I want to ger one of those cutouts with the electronic plate that opens and closes. But Iwant to know, if the cops are gonna give me problems becuase of it. I want to keep stock exaust muffler so I can be quiet when I need to (leaving early in morning), but will it be enough to get pulled over if I am runniing it open out on the road.

I had a 3" cutout in addition to the 3" Dynomax cat-back I had on my '94 3.4L, & it was pretty loud. It got really annoying over time if it was left uncapped, & the drone inside the car made my head ache after awhile, but it sounded decent for what it was.
    2001 Onyx Black Camaro M5-Totalled<br />2005 Ford F150 XLT 5.4L<br /><br />\"To make peace, prepare for war.\"

Comment

I have the exact same set-up as fin except my car is a 95, and it is just like he said, alright for what it is, and sounds decent at first, but i don't leave it open all the time because it can get annoying. For what they cost, i say go ahead and get one, they are kinda fun to open and just cruise around town and see what looks you get. They are also supposed to help at the track. (I haven't tried mine there yet though)
      \'95 Med. Quasar Blue Camaro 3.4 A4<br />Bunch o\' mods<br /><b>10.18 @ 67.60 mph 2.22 60 ft (1/8 mile)</b> <br /><br />-1986 Camaro with a carbed 350<br /><b>8.53 @ 81.45mph 1.8 60\'</b><br />AIM CamaroL32

Comment

Its gonna be my next mod, but I also want to get the electric open and close one...I can't find the website though, I thought I had bookmarked it, but I can't find it. Its not the e-borla, its like a M2 or something like that. Does anyone know what site it is?

Comment

Does the cutout get RICEY at high rpms or is it just LOUD? I have one waiting to get installed.
          <b>99 Camaro Z28 A4</b><br />R.I.P. 00 Firebird 3.8<br />14.89 @ 90, 2.03 60\'

Comment

your not going to run it out on the street.

mine does not get ricey, but it drones, and it would get very annoying. It sounds sweet up to about 2500 rpms, after that it drones

think of it this way, think of a ricer sound, that high pitched drone? make it sound much deeper and that is what it is like -- at least from the inside. I have had one person tell me it sounded good from what they heard, but I dunno... I personally couldn't drive around like that...
            2001 75th Anniversary V6 Pewter Firebird w/ Chrome Wheels, T-Tops, & Y87<br />Mods: Free Ram Air, !Silencer, Holley Filter, Full 3\" Hooker Catback, 3\" Cat<br />Best time: 15.095 at 90.00 MPH with a 2.127 60\'

Comment

I just put a high flow cat on,along w/ a 3" piece running from the cat to the cutout, and then back into the stock 2.5" piping. And it sounds bad AZZ.
              Um find out what the db(decibles) ratings are in your town. My car hit 115 db inside and out side the car at one point. But just criusing speed its about 80-90 db.
              2000 Black T/A M6 343rwhp 349rwtq<br />11.94 @ 118 60\'1.79 Stock Internal<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/demonicbird00\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/demonicbird00</a> <br />AIM: W68Firebird97<br />R.I.P... Christine 12/25/02 <br />1997 Firebird W68 Black<br />14.887 @ 90.08

Comment

Just to answer my question..
                Pain in ear at high revs =10
                Stock exhuast = 1
                Where is a cutout loudness?( on outside of car)
                1------------------------------------10

Comment

I am also curious. I would imagine it would be something like my old 89 camaro. It was an RS with a 305 TBI V8. It was about a 7. But I loved the sound. I ran it right out of the cat converter.

Comment

Just to give you an idea. I was unable to talk on my cell phone when driving my car. It was too loud. But I ordered a cutout for my 98 I will let you know when I get it put on.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X