Dynomax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dynomax

Does anyone have a recording of a super turbo on a 3.8 V6? all ive heard is a 3.4. and the 3.4 and 3.8 sound different. so does anyone have one?
    97\' Black Firebird W68<br />mods as of yet- home depot CAI, Dynomax exhaust, 255 Yokohama tires

I had one on my 3.1 92 maro, and it sounded so BAD *** !!!!!!!!!!
    It was only a small 6 and it rumbles like no other, not to loud, but hell of an aggresive tone.
    I haven't heard one on a 3.8 but I would definantly recomend a Dynomax!

Comment

I have one on my '01. Also had one on my '94. I really like it. I just have to take it back to the shop & let them figure out where the exhaust is rattling at :mad:
      2001 Onyx Black Camaro M5-Totalled<br />2005 Ford F150 XLT 5.4L<br /><br />\"To make peace, prepare for war.\"

Comment

http://www.camarov6.com/ubb/ultimate...c&f=6&t=005946

can a mod move that topic to this part of the forum for me? That way ppl can search for it.
        Thanks
        2002 Black FireBird M5 2-5-02<br />Red BMR strut bar<br />Dynomax Super Turbo muffler with FastToys.com tips.<br />4 Coats of Zaino - Better every time<p>Need to post pictures? Do it <a href=\"http://www.thenebula.com/carpics/\" target=\"_blank\">here</a>. its <b>easy</b> and <b>free</b>.<br />Change your own oil. <a href=\"http://www.thenebula.com/firebird/oil/\" target=\"_blank\">click here</a>.

Comment

I don't have a recording but I can tell you that with this muffler and a catback (2.75") the top end power is improved greatly. I pull like a bat out of hell on a stock Y87 Camaro with it. Soundwise...idle it sounds like a V8 but once you hit the gas you can tell it's not a V8 (naturally [img]smile.gif[/img] )

Hitting the gas it doesn't sound like rice either. I know plenty of exhaust setups where you hit the gas and when the RPMs come down it sounds like popcorn. That doesn't happen with Dynomax. The way the RPMs go up is the same way it comes back down. It's an agressive sounding V6. It's quiet enough to hold a conversation in the car, yet when you hit the gas this thing can get VERY LOUD. :D

Comment

I have the dynomax superturbo with the duel outlets on a 96 3.8. It is loud...but not too loud...noticiable but not too noticible. It has a low growl. Then when u punch the gas...VROOOOM u just go like a bat outa hell ;) [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img] The muffler is incredable, it will jack ur horses about 20%. I LOVE IT I GIVE IT [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
            My 1996 Camaro RS <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangkiller311\" target=\"_blank\">www.cardomain.com/id/mustangkiller311</a> \"Its out-dated\"<br />Mods=SLP CAI, 3.42/LSD, 180*, BMR StrutBrace,SLP Take-Off Shocks/Springs, Z28Swaybar, DynomaxSuperTurbo,3in pipes,Catco3in,3in Cutout ThrottleBody Spacer, SolidDriveShaft,NGKplugs, Taylor8mmWires,ZR1 rims, RS Spoiler,WhiteFacedGuages.<br />Stereo= Pioneer DEH-P8400MP, Custom Subthump enclosure, 2 BlouPunkt 12\'s, JL 500/1, Fosgate speakers, 1FaradCap.<p>NEW 1997 FireBird Formula WS6

Comment

Here is what mine sounds like from the inside. It's probably much better sounding from the outside. I'm going to try to get some outside clips in the near future.

In this clip the laptop was in the passanger's seat. It's very short. Just 1st gear and little of 2nd.

http://www.fbody.com/members/Dominik/dynomax.mp3

[ June 13, 2002: Message edited by: Dom ]</p>

Comment

Here I copied 1 more.

This one gets to middle of 2nd. It could have been middle of 3rd, but someone was complaining about no seat belts and no air bags.

http://www.fbody.com/members/Dominik/dynomax2.mp3

[ June 13, 2002: Message edited by: Dom ]</p>

Comment

thanks for the input guys, ive already decided on dynomax. i went to my muffler shop and they said 100 installed. so i made an appointment for next week. i also heard a flowmaster on a camaro while i was there, the idle sound great. but the rev sounds like a 4 cylinder not a V6. i hope the rev on the dynomax sounds like a V6. BTW dom, those links arent working.
                  97\' Black Firebird W68<br />mods as of yet- home depot CAI, Dynomax exhaust, 255 Yokohama tires

Comment

Right click and save.

Comment

Dom, that sounds really nice. Way better than my Flows. Whats your full setup? A rough cost would be a big help too.

Comment

Stock manifolds, high flow cat(Random Tech), RK Sport exhaust 2.5" with Dynomax muffler.

Comment

hey dom I think I need to get headers (but I never will) since my setup (dynomax with 2.75") doesn't sound as deep. Sounds similar, but not as deep.

Comment

Oh yea, I'm still on stock 96 intake. Talk about a maze.

Comment

man, dont make me feel bad with the dynomax now :/ i was gunna get dynomax instead of flowmasters, but i went for the loudest [img]smile.gif[/img] I like to show ppl that am coming [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X