FYI:SLP Hood sucking water? Not a chance. - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FYI:SLP Hood sucking water? Not a chance.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FYI:SLP Hood sucking water? Not a chance.

Well guys, when I was at the track last Friday, I got a chance to look at the SLP Ram Air Hood up close, and there is no chance of water being sucked directly into the throttle body. The airflow into the hood is not a straight-through design like I thought. It has routing similar to a muffler. Air goes in through the grills, then is channelled upward, then downward, then straight into the stock airbox inlet. Outlets on hood consist of 4 to 5 ovals. Not like one big oval or rectangle. This channeling takes place in the exact same area that our hood latch is bolted onto. In fact, it looks exactly the same. Guy with LS1 says that the biggest thing that he's noticed is a somewhat accelerated climb in RPMS at around 75-80mph. Says it feels almost, but not quite like a slight jolt. Says he bought it for the looks though, not expecting anything. That's all I have for now. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    <b>1998 Firebird 3800 Series II, A4</b><br />Direct-Flo Lid,K&N Filter,DEE TB Spacer,TPS-TEC,ZZP Mini-AFC,Raised and Cutout Airbox 7mm,BMR STB & Boxed LCAs,KYB AGX Shocks,Drilled/Slotted Rotors,180* Thermo,2.5\" Catco Cat,Dynomax 2.75\" custom catback,Kumho Ecstas/245,Jet Stage 2,3.42,Edge Racing 2870 Stall,B&M Tranny Cooler,B&M Deep Tranny Pan,LSD,AAM Girdle,1LE DS,NX Wet Kit,MSD DIS-4,MSD Blaster Coil Packs,Taylor Spiro Pro 8mm Wires,NGK TR6\'S gapped .045,ZZP UD WP Pulley,SLP Fan Switch,TT II\'s<br />N/A: 15.6342 @ 88.44 (On stock converter. Strugglin\' to beat it.)<br />Nitrous 50 Shot: 14.7463 @ 93.49

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
Working...
X