WS6 exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WS6 exhaust

I can get a full WS6 exhaust from the cat back for $60. Good idea??
    97 Red Firebird W68 3.8L, T-Tops, Ground effects, Dynomax Super Tubo, Stock T/A tips, BMR strut tower brace, SLP Cold air intake

Sounds good to me. Go for it!!
    --<b>David</b>--<br /><a href=\"http://bryant2.bryant.edu/~dsantore/index.htm\" target=\"_blank\">The <b>NEW</b> V6Bird Website!</a> <br /><a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/thev6bird\" target=\"_blank\">Cardomain site</a><br />ΔX

Comment

Is the WS6 a higer flowing exhaust?? And what size are the pipes, 3in?? And does anyone know how this will help me performance wise. Come on guys, i know someone knows about this.
      97 Red Firebird W68 3.8L, T-Tops, Ground effects, Dynomax Super Tubo, Stock T/A tips, BMR strut tower brace, SLP Cold air intake

Comment

I'm not an expert so someone will probably have to correct me, but I think the V8 exhaust piping is 2.75" while our stock size is 2.25" so that will give you a good performance boost. I have no idea about the flow of the muffler though. It may be worth it to you to get a Dynomax superturbo for $40 if your looking to keep things low cost.

just my $0.02
        carldev
        1996 Firebird Y87<br />Dark Green

Comment

Here's the skinny (I picked up the same thing). The I-pipe from teh WS-6 is 2.75", our's is 2.25", as stated above. The problem is this: The Y-pipe on the LS1s goes into the I-pipe back in the drive-shaft tunnel, about where our S-pipe meets up with the I-pipe.
          The difficult part is figuring out how to get the 2.25" S-pipe to mate up with the 2.75" I-pipe, because 1) the S-pipe is part of the cat, and 2) figuring out how to get a larger diameter S-pipe to make the turns.
          When I went in to get mine done, I figured out that I already had a Flowmaster muffler on mine (I had just gotten the car), so I ended up just putting the tailpipes from the WS6 on the Flowmaster, and held onto the rest for trading or spare parts. Hope this all helps.
          Wife and a dog, they both think they\'re Kujo.<br /> <br />1999 3.8 A4 Y87<br />Navy Blue Metallic<br />BFG G-Force KDWS 275/40/17s, <br />WS6 Wheels (17x9)<br />Phoenix Transmissions 2400 Stall Converter<br />FRA, Holley Powershot filter, Whisper Lid, Ported Throttlebody<br />2000 manifolds, Flowmaster, WS6 Tail Pipes, <br />MSD 8.5mm Wires, MSD Coils, Autolite plugs<br />Performance Cryogenics treated rotors<br />1LE Sway Bars and panhard rod, 1LE front springs w/SLP Bilsteins, stock rear springs w/ 3rd Gen Bilsteins, BMR STB, KBDD SFCs, 1LE rear lower control arms, 1LE front lower control arms<p>1968 Chevelle Malibu 327 TH350

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X