New Flow Catback, New S Pipe, No SES Light. - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Flow Catback, New S Pipe, No SES Light.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Flow Catback, New S Pipe, No SES Light.

Hey everyone.

After researching Catback Systems, Diane from Flowmaster, back in March, introduced me to the new Flowmaster Catback System (2.5 inch, from front to back, including tips) for the 3.8 l (read on).

After I introduced it to Summit (mistake) it took almost two months to get here (no discount)...

Anyways, with the 2.5 inch Catco high flow cat, custom built S Pipe, and 2.5 inch Flowmaster catback, I am getting no SES light and am satified.

Now here you go, I went to a friends automotive/custom modified shop on the south side of Chicago. The S pipe is one "S" bent pipe, not 2 separate 45 degree angle pipes from JC .... auto store. He installed the dung and nut, measured everything properly. Actually, the new S pipe is straighter than the original due to the smaller size of the Catco cat as compared to GM's cat. More space, less S bend.

The new exhaust system has a low moan, no rice throughout WOT, yet is not as loud as everyone thinks. It does not shake the neighbors house, nor wake up my dogs or my wife.

The new Flowmaster dual, 2.5 inch tips align perfectly with the end of the back bumper, no extension, yet, the right hanger must to welded to the right tail pipe to avoid rattle.

If you like a low moan, yet can still hold a conversation or play the radio at normal volume then the 2.5 inch catco cat, 2.5 inch S pipe (properly done so no Sim is necessary) and new 2.5 inch Flowmaster catback for the 3.8l is a good selection.

Labor and parts (flow catback, catco cat, S pipe), $450 ball park.

dave

Dave,
    Sounds like a great setup. Do you have the part number from Summit for the 2.5 inch Flowmaster cat-back? I've tried searching their on line catalog and can't seem to find it.
    1995 Z28, 5.7L, M6<br />- No Mods yet<br /><br />1996 Camaro, 3.8L, M5 (selling)<br />- SLP CAI

Comment

Jon,

Part # 17358

It will be a special order item.

dave

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X